Register To Comment
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Start time 1.10pm

Good point made about the editing of fights. We have seen a few battles that seemed to lean towards one robot over the other. When they stitch it all together things are often portrayed a little differently.

I am sure we watched a few that seemed to last longer than 5 mins !!

Having already been dispatched home I did not see the XT v BB from the pits in the un-edited format.

I think a BattleBots style code of conduct would be a good idea. Seem to remember one robot hitting another after the victory hooter and getting severely b**l**ked afterwards !!

How about financial penalties for rule breaking ?

Paul S.

I have a feeling who that Man Utd guy from the 5s forums might be.

However the data protection act prevents me from saying he/hers name, as I am not 100% sure it is him/her.

Dave

Hes goen from that site by the way, my emails got through (they had given him warnings, but he still didnt stop).
    Hed never even heard of FRA

As driver of X-Terminator I thought Id better put my 2 pennies worth.
    After watching the program on Sunday Ive got to admit that we should have backed off maybe 2/3 hits earlier and maybe gone for the pit instead.All I remember in the heat of the moment is seeing the flipper still going and when Bulldog got back to its wheels it would move towards us (Its the truth believe it or not,I know Simon sound like he was taking the P##s when in the interview with Craig).When watching the footage I can see it was moving but would probabley pose not allot of threat but at the time that was not obvious to us.When in the box we could not see that as clearly as when it was shown on TV .Look what happened in the first fight against Tunsami,1 flip and over we went and should have been imobilised.Working out a stategy like they look as though they are not threat ,leave them alone and wait for judges decision just dont happen.If they were imobilised I would not have spun the disk on them but as it were they were still moving and yes we were trying to put them out of the arena,Im sure most roboteers would rather win by KO or OOTA rather than a good battering then leave it to a judges.If you watch the previous fight once they were imobilsed we then stopped the disk and went for pit/flipper instead.
    I do hope that we never damaged anything expensive in Bulldog as they are one of the nicest teams in Robotwars and if anyone has a problem with X-T then Ill see you in the arena in 2004!
    One thing Id like so add is that Im all for a submission hooter to be added,yes I love the damage side of things but I am still human and realise the value of the kit in these robots Admin - Spoiler Removed.Being in charge of a spinner is not all roses,on one hand yes it wins you fights but to beat a robot you need to destroy it and this doesnt make many friends.

Lastly this is RobotWars not model car racing,every time I enter X-T into the war zone I quite accept that I could bring it out in bin liners,I wouldnt wish expensive damage on anyone but anyone who wants to bring their robot out unscratched each fight should stay at home and watch reruns of Groundforce and stay out of the battle arena.

Register To Comment