Register To Comment
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Wiever ytoow

Meant to post this yesterday, when it was a bit more pertinent...

Id wondered about the Code Black approach too. (It was a low, bar spinner, with the bar mounted well in front of the wheels - its reach from the mount of the bar to the tip was greater than the range from the edge of Ziggo to its wheels, hence the wheels got hit before Code Black did).

Pretty effective against several designs, and with the benefit that wheel damage is cheap to repair (being of the Rex Garrod school of robot combat Id prefer to beat an opponent without trashing them). Probably works better on the metal floor of the BattleBox than the wooden RW arena floor though - a blade would just keep digging into wood, where it would skid along a metal floor. Suffers a bit against anything with tough wheels (WBC, TaN) or zero ground clearance/skirts (Hazard, for example - although T-minuss [have I got the right one?] strategy of an extension on the flipper isnt a bad idea against Typhoon either).

So Ive found one way to beat Typhoon. Ping it into the pit. Or roll against it. Two, two ways to beat Typhoon. Ping it into the pit or roll against it. Or chop its wheels off. Three, three ways to beat Typhoon. Ping it into the pit, roll against it or chop its wheels off. Or get a zero profile flipper under it. Four, four ways to beat Typhoon...

Id like to see the TaN fight too (comes down to whether Mario can get a grip early on - I doubt Typhoon would get up much speed even if inside the jaws rather than gripped by them). Id wonder whether Typhoon could do some pushing of its own, though - four wheels vs two. Always thought TaN could do with a lifting mechanism on the casters supporting the jaws, so it can actually get the wheels of its opponent off the ground.

--
    Fluppet

Kev we had enough trouble fitting our chainsaw engine in! (hacksaws were a plenty at that point). We were made a rather interesting offer early on, a 25hp jet engine from an army spycraft. We contemplated it but couldnt have fitted it in plus i dont think that the 500ml would have gone far! Wouldve sounded great though........

Mike were working on a few ideas to improve spin up time but i cant say anything at the moment.

maybe but it was a risk we didtn want to take and we couldnt have fitted it under the shell

I wonder what happens when you turbo-charge a chainsaw engine

Register To Comment