Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbonfibre

anybody has any ideas to form carbon fibre? Ill be using 1 plate CF, but it has a strange form (wedges on it and curves and so on), how am I supposed to make it that way?

3. Guest
    I Havent bought a sheet yet, but it really needs to be a special shape.
    Could I ask my hobby shop owner to do it for me? Do they sell those? (cloth&resin)
    If they did sell it, could I just make a wooden mould and make it myself? If so, that would be so neat .

Hi Nils
    You can get all you need in the way of carbon fibre cloth & resin from this place:
    http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/fsrv/materials.htm
    http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/fsrv/materials.htm
    There are probably others and you may be able to find a local supplier - try model boats, full-size boats, canoes etc.
    On my site you can find the story so far on R.O.N.N.Ys CF shell. Im only half way through the mould so far, but I will post more details as soon as I make some more progress!

Gary

6. Guest
    ok, sounds good . btw, is it really true that CF splinters cause cancer? I heard something like that, wouldnt like to try it out, lol . I though of putting the piece underwater (cf) and drilling it soaked to prevent dust to come out, would that work?

I think ill firstly make a mould out of balsa, then make a fiberglass mould with help of the balsa one and finally make my chassis with the fiberglass mould. Would that be okay?

9. Guest
    ok, that could work. Btw, does the epoxy resin stick on polycarbonate? maybe I could make a mix with a layer of PC(bout 0.5 mm or maybe 1 mm) and 2 to 3 layers of carbon cloth. That would kinda help it if the carbon should get weakened by the bad making process of it. also, I wouldnt need no mount, just cut the lexan, bend it, and stick it with carbon cloth .

Register To Comment