Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rc Wars, your questions clarified

Hello all

Its James Cooper from Rc Wars,
    I feel that i need to create this thread to try and clarify to some people the proffesionalism and safty of our Rc Wars events.

Over the past few months and especially the past couple of days i have heard comemnts about Rc Wars that i feel unsettled about. Rc Wars is now a full on REAL item. its come to light that some people (might i add that theses people have never been to an Rc Wars event) seem to think and sugest to others that Rc Wars lacks safty and professionalism.

Therefore i personally would like to answer all your questions regarding Safty and professionalism at our events no matter how harsh. Please dont think of this as a dig at anybody i just want things out in the open. There are a couple of things i would already like to clarify.

1- I hear that some people have thought of Rc Wars as being underhand when inviting robotteers to our events, and they feel that most people arent welcome to them.

A- This most of all concerns me as EVERYBODY is more than welcome to our events. Unfortunatly due to the venue that we have been useing we have had to put a big limit on how many robots can attend. therefore we have only been able to invite roboteers that are in the local area, there simply isnt enough room unfortunatly to make the events open to everybody. I am doing my best to get a new venue for our next event as we would love to see you all attend. Iam extremly sorry if anybody felt that they wernt welcome to our events in the past, it really isnt the case.

2- I have also heard that there have been concerns over our safty involving running dangerous robots ( yet again comments from people who have never attended an Rc Wars event).

A- Our new arena is full polycarbonate and therefore we can run most robots safly. However before we allow any robot into the arena we allways look at the worst case senario and we asses the risks, if for any moment we doubt that we could contain that robot we would not think of letting it in the arena. ALL spinners attending our events are risk assesed and in many cases they are vigorusly tested until we feel 100% sure we could contain it in a worst case senario. At Rc Wars we feel extremly strongly about the safty of our events. if for any reason there was a robot in our arena that we couldnt contain i would be the first to shut the event down.

So far i am correct in saying that we havent had ONE event where anything has jeperdised the safty of that event.

So i know that there has been a few words going round regarding the safty of our events, so if anybody wants to ask any questions regarding our safty or proffessionalism then i would be more than happy to here from you. Also if any body who has been to one of our past events and would like to share there oppinion on how that event was handled, it would be great to hear from you.

many thanks and kind regards

Rc Wars Director

James Cooper

James,

One way of killing all bad feeling or rumours is to become part of the FRA.
    The FRA has been set up to stop small and large events from occurring which are not considered safe, and to provide a means to help improve things.

By becoming part of it, and having your events reported on, enabling it to be classed as an FRA supported event will kill any criticism.
    Event reports are carried out not to jump down organisers throats, but to go through it, and try and highlight how it could be improved for next time.

Just a suggestion if you are serious.

Jonno
    FRA Events Chairperson

This is the thing though, i have put Rc Wars forward to the FRA and they wernt intrested unless there were paying public involved. I personnaly feel that people are people, and that aslong as people are at the event safty is of the upmost importance, should it matter weather or not the people are paying to be there. I would love someone to asses our events as i already know they are extremely safe, i would just like people to see that and to offer us help and advise on makeing our events safer and better for everyone not just when the public are around. Hope you understand where im coming from and there is some help out there.

There is james, help is there, before... we didnt know what was going on, now we do, and we know you are serious, we will help you how ever we can.

What you are doing now, wasnt what was described to us i dont think. All sorted now though.

Jonno
    p.s yes its 4:30am.... i couldnt sleep

Ye chris almost a bribery kinda thing going on lol!

Thanks Jonno thats reasureing, so where do i go from here?

Register To Comment