Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roaming Robots, Folkestone 29th / 30th May 2004

I would just like to thank everyone for there help and assistance. Especially to Steve from Roaming Robots for helping us get through what must have been the longest tech check in the history of robotic combat. Thanks to Mike for lending us a pressure relief valve and to Mario for fitting it and to everyone else, whos names I either dont know or cant remember, that helped us to get up and running. Thanks to the organisers and crew, it was an absolutely brilliant weekend. The bad news being, we learnt so much new information that well be spending the next few weeks re-designing and re-building the robot. Thanks again to everyone.

Ian

fairly eventfull event, turns out Anto can survive a heavyweight flipper, Nicads burn well and Im the best newcomer after only 7 years of competeing

now time for sleep and then some more sleep

Just woke up, man we arrived at my home at 3.30 this morning...
    It was great ! So many nice things/people to see, so much damage to repair.
    Leo with Splinter and Erich & Jochen with Tsunami are on a Dutch event today, we decided to take a serious nap instead. I know from the talks on the ferry that everybody enjoyed the event very much, most certainly the Germans who now have acquired a taste for life eventing and have become more confident of their robots being able to perform well at the Worldchampionships if they get selected !
    The Plunderbirdboys were great as usual, although at the ferry we needed to explain the Sir K/Giraffe joke in detail to Susanna of team Delldog before she finally understood the joke and collapsed in helpless laughter.
    The venue was beautiful (thank God and the architect for elevators !) and we wish to thank the organisers for hard work well done. The accomodations were wonderful (how big is the chance of meeting a Chef in an English hotel speaking Dutch while serving you food ?) and a lovely sea-view room we had !
    *snore* - wake up oh lovely sunrise *snore*
    *snore* - wake up bl##dy seagulls, wheres that grenade-thrower when you need it ? *snore*
    *snore* - wake up hmm... nice blue sky *snore*
    *snore* - wake up why did I program the Muppett Show tune in my cell phone to wake us up with ? AAARRGGHH !!! Kill it ! Kill it !

Pictures will be online by tomorrow night ( http://users.pandora.be/P3/Folkestone
    http://users.pandora.be/P3/Folkestone ). Not today. Today I will recover and recuperate. Today Im not going to do anything more complicated than eat, drink, watch a movie and go back to bed again.

You mean the plunderboys are still using that joke?

Dear me!
    Sixteen hours sleeping in one peace. Long journey for us, but that event retrivales everything! Everyone was so kind to us and i never had so much fun like on this event. Well organiezed, kind people, first class entertainmend by the plunder-boys, wonderfull venue, perfect accomodation, nice weather - subsuming - just impeccable!
    Thanks for the hospitality !!! All continentals felt very comfortable!

Thx for all competitors, organizers and stuff for their hard work! You are the real heroes!
    Personally I loved the annihalations - great fun at all!

All told unsurpassable !!!

Register To Comment