Register To Comment
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Featherweight Discs

I have looked through many kinetic energy convertions and have come to the conclusion that speed (of the weapon) is the key to a sucessful featherweight spinner, as featherweights cannot spend to much of their weight, on a disc of much mass. What are the conditions of the possible 1500rpm spinner rule, as this would effect the weapon power of a featherweight spinner ALOT.
    I have been pondering over many designs of featherweight, and a high speed disc seems the key to a successsful weapon, without buying a mag or anything . Please comment-

3. BMW fan motors 12v 600w
    on 24v they do 2400W thats near as damn it 3hp
    there made by a sub contractor for wait for it

Lynch

5. Thankyou for your ideas. I had a look into the cordless circular saw, but instead I decided a more powerful 24v motor of sorts would do the job. If I could have some more information about that fan, then that would be great.
    Im aiming for an 6-10 second spin-up time on a vertical spinner (so that you can push the opponent away while you are spinning up). This would release MAX energy into your opponent at whenever time you hit it.
    Cheers, Ewan

7. Ewan you really should be aiming for a 3 second or less spin up time
    Example: say you take 6 secs to spin it takes most featehrs less than 3 secs to cross the arena
    then u get flipped rammed or hit with another disc

Glen the motor is approx 110mm dia 70mm tall weights 1.5kg Ill get the specs later thats all I can remember

The bot is using the drill motors that I have used many times before, and they run at 14.4v instead of the nominal 9.6v, this leads to a 20mph speed, which it can get to within 50cm of floor space...
    I could run away for about 12 secs at the start of a fight...
    Cheers, Ewan

10. I thought Craig danbury did? I also thought i told you that at newark hehe

regards
    Dave moulds
    Team Turbine

Register To Comment