Register To Comment
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Power/failsafe LED

on our system i cant see how we are suposed to put in a failsafe light. All our failsafes are built into the system, therefore no way of connecting any inicators into the system.

No problems in fitting a power LED, the failsafe one is the problem. I cant really see the point in the failsafe/zero led, as if its powered up, it has the same potential no matter what state its in. I personally feel safer when its under TX control rather then failsafe (but thats just me!).

Maybe we could see an example of the fitted system.

I have 2 flashing red leds when power is on so cant see any reason for the led to tell the power is off if no lights are lit then power is of
    i always disconect the battery when in the pits so there would be no power for any lights
    or have i got it wrong again :sad:

Mario is right this is going to cause confusion. When my powertrac switches failsafe they illuminate no LED, when on they are green/red depending on fire state... the quasar mixer flashes red LEDs in its normal state, and has steady LEDs in failsafe....the old RF1 units do it the opposite way around....so thats 3 different failsafe indicators in one robot.
    Im not sure of the benefit of failsafe indicators, If the power is on I cant see anyone approaching a robot with anything less than caution is safe whether your lights are flashing or not.
    I think the power light is a good idea, as it tells you whether the link is in, but even this only tells you when its in, as a lack of lights could mean the link is out, OR the indicators have packed up.

We think its a good idea for the power lights and had them fitted before series 7 along with weapon active LEDs and disagree with John. Ive seen robots with the link removed that have still been active due to wiring incorrect and if power lights across each speed controller light up then this can be spotted sooner.

One possible example of this is if you use a speed controller with large capacitors in it there is suffeceint power in them to activate a weapon relay long after the link is removed and the lights would show this.

The lights would eventually drain the capacitors too, so it even helps to solve the problem.

While looking for a nice featherweight motor i came across this:

http://www.heliproz.com/gem2000.htmlhttp://www.heliproz.com/gem2000.html

maybe something to take a look at?

Register To Comment