Register To Comment
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Power/failsafe LED

Nope, the LEDs are more noticeable behind 10mm HDPE, no holes drilled. Sounds a bit odd I know, here's the pics:

I'm guessing it's probably not going to be allowed, but just thought I'd check.

As long as it is visible, I would allow it.

Should be fine as long as it operates as it's meant to.

Cheers for the advice guys.

I'm aware it's not actually brighter shining it through the armour, but it seems more noticeable because of the glow you mentioned. I'll get it surface mounted though to avoid any issues. I know it's not the best solution, but this build has been done on quite a strict budget, and I wasn't aware that there was stuff available like the LED you posted. Cheers for the link though, I'll keep that in mind for future.
    Last edited by duff; 19th July 2013 at 19:59.

That LED posted above, do you have to have something with a protective casing or similar? I've just bought a few standalone green LEDs, they're quite bright, but didn't know if these would be allowed still!

Sorry just noticed this...

Quote Originally Posted by teamstorm View Post
    I would say not - the LED shining through like that could easily be washed out if the robot was parked under one of the lights providing illumination to the arena. There is no reason not to have the LED mounted to be clearly visible through the armour and all teams manage this without an issue.

Also - there is no way that the LED can be 'brighter' through the armour ! You may perceive a glow around the LED, however that washed-out effect is what will make them stand out less under bright light.

The simple solution to this is to buy an LED that is designed for the job rather than start wondering if the rules flex enough to allow a bodge.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/push-b...tches/6903390/

Connect this up to one of your RX plugs, brilliant bright LED, stainless steel surround, not going to get damaged - job done properly and no need to bodge by trying to shine it through the body of the robot.

Ed

Ignore this^

Many teams already have LED's displayed the way your showing, Little hitter, 540, NST to name but a few and theres no issue with it.

Also your power LED shouldnt come from an RX plug as suggested if possible... it should ideally be from your mains voltage supply, step it down with a resistor if you need to, prevents to LED going out should your RX pop...(has happened before)

I do the tech checks for the FW uk champs... and the LED behind your wedge would pass tech checks no problems.

Register To Comment