Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to mount speedo's?

Hi all,

After having my speedos arive in the post the other day ive sized them up to my heavyweight and am looking for a sensible place to mount them. Seing as my heavy is very compact there isnt many places to drop them in. The best place i can see from a space point of view is above the motors (bosch 750s on 36v)
    The first problem i thought of would be over heating....but i can stop this bye slidding a sheet of ali inbetween the motor and the speedo.
    The main problem i can think of is interfearance...with a motor 2cms from a speed controller will the magnets in the bosch create electromagnetic interfearence? Thanks for your comments.

regards
    Dave moulds
    Team Turbine

in the middle, out of the way of anything. further in, the better protected. Try to keep them as near to the motors as possible to keep cable length as short as possible.

Our DogXBollox controllers sit next to one of the motors (but were running at 24v). Make sure theyre easy to get at in case of problems.

If you put them above the motors, the cables from the interface will have to be run across any way.

Ok, ill bear all this in mind, also are 4qds sensitive to vibration?

regards
    Dave moulds
    Team Turbine

I wouldnt count on the 120s. I think were up to 4 events without losing one but thats a record. Interestingly enough one is mounted with limited anti-vibration mounts (never gone wrong yet) the other two are bolted to the chasis where we get the most problems but these two are for the drive and the current limit altered to 70Amps.

You will have more problems dealing with 4QD when (not if) things go wrong and when all our spares are done for we will try a Robotech. Weve been charged twice now for repairs when the boards still dont work after they came back fully tested.

What if i slide some rubber underneath the board and its mounting plate...as abit of a shock obsorber?..or some polystyreene.

Regards
    Dave moulds
    Team Turbine

p.s. there the ncc70 36vs

Oh? Ive tryed looking on the 4qd website for them but i think ive missed it somewere, got a link to were i can buy 2?

regards
    Dave moulds
    Team Turbine/PLF

Register To Comment