Register To Comment

Thread: RoDs - Dublin - 6th-10th January 2004

After the success of last years event. Robots of Destruction are returning to the RDS in Dublin with a bigger and better class 2 arena.

Many of the best and most well known robots from Robotwars UK will be there.

More details to follow.

team_ireland
    Definately Intrested I am just down the road in wicklow. If you want i can bring along my Class 1A antweight arena and my crap little featherweight.

Regards
    Ian Mc Donald

At this point I have used up all of my budget (and then some) so I cannot pay for any more travel or accommadation expenses but if anyone is willing to pay their own way, they are more than welcome. Anyone who brings a robot will get free meals. Thats as much as I can offer at the moment.

FIY the arena is 10.5 m2 polycarbonate walls and is situated in the centre of tiered seating for about 1000 spectators. We have a full lighting and sound rig and extensive pit facilities. Last year we had somewhere in the region of 36,000 visitors.

Pete

6. team_ireland
    It is a go I am attending with my feathers and ants.

Regards
    Ian Mc Donald

Hi Barry,

The event is pay at the door. I dont know how much the tickets are yet and as it is in conjunction with EsatBTs Young Scientist exhibition, it may only be open to the public on Saturday. Schools will have access for the entire event.

See you there,

Pete

team_ireland
    Brilliant event yous dont know what yous have missed.

Well Done Peter and all the team.

Thanks to all who attended.

Regards
    Ian Mc Donald

Register To Comment