Register To Comment

Thread: Need Help

Hi , Im new at this robot wars , and would like to build a Tank like robot, I am am machinist by trade and have my own complete machine shop and have had some remoto controled models before but nothing this big or powerful.
    I need help in design and the radio parts.
    How big are these robots , I see and can figure the House robots of RWs on TV are any where from 200-300 pounds but they are the bigger of the robots there, There is a lack of help on building robots on these sites. Can any one help me out?
    I am Located in Pleasant Mount, PA in the Northeastern corner of the state. If any one is close and would help please e-mail me and Ill send you my phone number or send me yours and Ill call you.
    Thank You

My first advice is not to start with a tank style bot but a normal wheeled one. As a first timer you will be challenged enough keeping a normal robot within the 100Kg mark.

Sizes of robots vary between 60cm to 150 cm in length, 45cm - 120 cm in width. It all depends.

The smaller you can keep your robot, the more you can do with armour and weapon.

you might also want to look at the technobots site. theres some great material to be found for people looking to build robots, first timers and experienced ones. (dont hit me babeth, im not going to check if i spelled it correctly ).

Register To Comment