Register To Comment
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Drills

Does anybody know where I can get cheep 7.2v drills (must be 7.2v) for my next project.

at almost all cheap drill- gerarboxes you can add any standard RC -car Stock Motor. Just remove the pinion gear from the old motor and mount it on the new one. I have done this successfully with 2 LRP GT2 11 winders (41000 rpm at 7,2 V), 15 quid each. Works fine, the plastic planetary gearwheels of the 1´st stage don´t melt until now (after 10 minutes under full RPM).
    Helmut

3. Guest
    Hi
    It´s possible to remove the pinion carefully with 2 screwdrivers, but some people have bad experience with this kind of working. Better: a pinion puller, you can buy this tool for a ridiculous price. example
    http://www.slotracer.ca/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SR100502&Produc t_Code=H107000http://www.slotracer.ca/miva/merchan...100502&Product _Code=H107000

I made the tool by myself from a scrap piece of 15*15*1.5 box section, just slice one side ca 5 mm with a saw and cut a m 3 thread on the opposite side. Works sufficient.
    Helmut

5. Guest
    glen
    i used the same method before, (well proven since more than 20 years )but another german builder told me, he had not removed the pinion by this way, but the rotor shaft :sad: .... IMHO its better using the tool, takes just a few minutes of preparation.
    Greetings from Austria (the no kangaroos country)

thats simple. you can press the pinion on the shaft easily by using a vise. the shaft normally comes out a little on the rear side. all shafts of this 540 or 550 series have a diameter of 3,17 mm (must be some odd inch unit) and the same fixing holes. For more security you can add a drop of loctite (if you want to remove the pinon after glueing, you have to warm up the pinon with a lighter or so).

regards
    Helmut

Register To Comment