Register To Comment
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Pressure Cutlet

team_ireland
    Hi

I just felt i had to start a topic about this. I have downloaded both videos from the website and all I can say is F**KING HELL

Its brilliant. That hawker flew and the selfrighting is comic.

But that leads me to a question. Why use Full Pressure? Surely a 16bar ram with a larger bore would have the same force and use less co2. Admittedly this may not be as fast but look at m2 it uses 100mm bore ram in a heavy. If you put a 100mm bore ram in a feather at 16bar it would knock people all over the place. I am going with 63mm bore 10bar which is think is loads for a thrower.

What do you guys think?
    Is full pressure the way to go?
    Will i be out of date with a 10bar ram and high flow rate?

Regards
    Ian Mc DOnald

If it fills your needs then it is ok you dont have to go the full press way if you do not want to. I still use 16bar in my heavy and i am happy with it long live low press flippers

rips low pressure, 10 bar with a big ram ... and ........ need i say more... it speaks for it self

5. I think one reason for using FP is that it may be easier to fit in the the space in a small robot. I think Paul Cooper had this problem with TKM2 and switched from LP to FP.

delta, my new flipper, uses a 63mm bore ram at probably 10bar. its not just a case of power and speed, the shape of the flipper is very important. M2 works well due to its shape also Chaos2. I believe that cutlet has a good shape, this will maximise the power and make sure the other robot doesnt just keep sliping off the end of the flipper.

team_ireland
    Guys as a question which would be cheeper:
    1. A full Pressure flipper consisting of: Co2 Tank, Buffertank, Valve, Ram
    2. A Low pressure flipper consisting of: C02 Regulator, Buffertank, Valve, Ram

I know the cheepest is good old fasioned air but interms of co2 which is cheeper based on the same things (i.e. same bore ram and valve etc)

Thanks
    Regards
    Ian Mc Donald

Register To Comment