Register To Comment
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Pressure Cutlet

there is no way a 1.1kg bottle will fit in a feather. 600g bottles are too big, as the robot has to be big enough to contain it, but we have to make do!

the main problem the designing of delta is making the robot small enough to contain the bottle.

my 1.1kg bottle for my middle weighs 2.1kg EMPTY, also its about 40cm long.

like stu says keep dreaming!

Arr - i knew it was over 2kg empty. Nice to confirm Alan, Thanks.

Not dissing you Ian etc - like everyone else, just warning you now before you go into a hyper. I do it, everyone does it. You go into some sort of hype what everyting will work, then you start to do it and thing - oh dear. If thats either putting it on CAD or making it hands on as a prototype.

Like Alan Said - even the 600g bottles are too big really. They can just fit in after a push and lot of stpid weight used to make the bot big etc.

Mr Stu

team_ireland
    I dont mean to dis you guys and i totaly respect your opinion and respect yous (after all yous have built a working feather) but i think if you do use a 1.1kg co2 bottle you would be unstopable. It would give you litterally hundreds of flips before becoming empty.

Am I correct in thinking that at the end of a fight the 600g bottles are usually empty?

Thanks for that tip stu I did not know that that was the idea of the buffertank.

My thoughts are:
    You could build a fully driving and controled base plate for about 1.5-2.5Kg(Bosch 35w Motors, Electrolise Controlers, 12v 2000mah Ni-mh).

You then start to add the chassis to support such a strong flipper which is another 2kg ish. Thats give or take 5kg.

That still leaves 7kg for Pneumatics. 2kg for the 1.1kg Bottle leaves 5kg which I am sure is possible (maybe not with much armour but hey hey)

Maybe I am way wrong and if so Please feel free to say not a hope but Like Henry Ford once said:
    Whether you believe you can or you cant, you are right!

Regards
    Ian Mc Donald

Ian, your rather gueshish weightcalculations arent bad, but you will run in the Roboteers axomia.
    Everything is bigger than messured, weights more than weighted,and costs more.

No, a 1.1 kg CO2 bottle is fine in a middleweight or a low powered heavy, but for a feather its way oversized.
    And for yours.. even idioticly totaly over the top too bloody BIG.

Calculate with Uncle Mario.

1 Kg of CO2 is 500 L gas on 1 bar(I know its more, but I use 500 kg to have some room and not to make the mistake like in the early days -overentousiastic positive calculations)
    550L gas on board then.
    A 63mm diameter 100mm stroke ram uses at 10 bar 3.1 L of gas. The mentioned double acting system uses about double(minus rodvolume)so 6l each stroke. 550/6=91 flips.Now I would say, 70 as a good compromise, due losses in all the parts.
    5 minutes are 300 seconds. so every 4.3 seconds you can fire your ram, the complete fight.

Now, we go for a armheight of 30 cm
    this system has then a 100 kg lifting capability

Now, we go for the hypothetical BIG BOY on the block, a HUGE FP system bore 70mm stroke 80mm Full pressure ram.(single acting)
    600 Grams of CO2= 300L gas
    Gasuse each stroke 15.4L
    19 actions. So 15 actions(this will be more, due the fact the pressure drops as the system cools down, but with 2 tons on 50 bar,you can afford to lose some pressure-30 bar means this monster still has 1.1 tons)are a good budgetted thing.
    300/15= 20 seconds. Every 20 seconds a flipping action ,capable to overpower a heavy.

Lifting capability on 30 cm 513 kg. -This means in featherweight norms about thesame power as Gravity has on the ram, not on the flipperedge.

So the size and volume of a 1.1 kg is even for a gasguzler in featherclass way overdone.

As for the I have 5kg to do this etc i did that, and i was in trouble with FlowRate being studpily over weight by about 2kg. But drastic actions have been done - so should be fine now.

I did your sums and i got about 5kg left over for - batteries, motors, chassis, armour, wiring, speedos. I foud out that my 2 x electronize speedos are about 400g for both. along with RX and team delta to swtich valve on/off - thats half a kg just for electronics. I only left about 200g for all my electtonics, how wrong was i.

Bosch 35 are about 550g each.
    So 1.1kg for drive
    1kg for Battery
    and a structure to cope with a 80mm bore ram and 100mm stroke. Hmmm - unless you use thick ali or nromaly thickeness welded steel or thin ti - i cant see that happeneing.

as for the comment You have built bots, i havnt this is where im trying to help you. I have gone down this path with my pneumatics, done the same things as you. Oh i got this much for this, should be fine well it aint for my stuf, and if your sutff is even bigger, your gona find it EVEN harder. My rams are custom made - VERY light, the i use drill motors and Marios VERY LIGHT drive pod/gear boxes - and im still struggerling for weight.

And another thing - not to get personal or anything, just helping out - what about money Ian? Bosch 35 motors are about £55 each, elec speedos are £30/40 each, valves will be OVER £70, battery will be over £40. All the pneumatic parts like push fits etc all add up in price fast. High flow regulator - mega over £80 at least. Ram will be alot also unless you get that free somewherel.
    Dont rely on oh i will get it sponcored either.

Do you have the means to fill your co2 bottle up? Is there somewhere in Ireland for you to fill ur co2 bottle up? Dont say ill find somewhere or theres this place i will ask - make sure your are sure.

Maybe I am way wrong and if so Please feel free to say not a hope but Like Henry Ford once said:
    Whether you believe you can or you cant, you are right! Whatever - this is roboteering

Hope some of the above is helpful.

Mr Stu

Here Here.

Mr Stu

Ive got about 1kgs worth of Bolts and Nuts and washers in FlowRate.
    I didnt allow a full kg for stuff like that.

Mr Stu

Register To Comment