Register To Comment
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Antweight Database

A few updates since last time :P

Jigsaw V mk. II
    Weight: 150g
    Dimensions: 135 x 100 x 40 mm
    Drive: 2 x 50:1 Pololu HP 12mm gearmotors driving 32mm rubber tyred wheels, run from a Peter Waller option D speed controller and a 120mah 7.4v 2 cell lithium polymer battery pack
    Armour: 1mm polycarbonate chassis, 0.9mm titanium, acetate
    Weapons: Front hinged flipper/self righter powered by a modified 4 bar linkage from a Hitec HS82-MG servo run from full battery voltage
    Notes: Was initially built for AWS32, but after numerous issues had a new chassis built after the weapon system more or less imploded at the event. Uses bits from video cases, Velcro tape, and random other components

Pictures can be found at http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii30 ... d%20diary/ for those that are interested, with commentary by myself for those insomniacs among us whom medical science has failed.

The Data Fields
    Weight: 120g
    Dimensions: 170 x 100 x 25 mm
    Drive: 2 x 50:1 Inertia Labs 12mm gearmotors driving Tamiya track drive sprockets, run from a Sozbots SOZDSC-M speed controller and verious 2 and 3 cell 7.4/11.1v lithium polymer battery packs
    Armour: 1mm hardened aluminium chassis, 1mm polycarbonate
    Weapons: Interchangable rambot - options include hardened steel dart spikes, various scoops, shields, bumpers, whatever I can fit on really
    Notes: On its third or fourth version (minor changes in between each, mainly to the armour, radio reciever, weapon setup, etc.) and perennially underweight despite relatively heavy components and home made axle blocks (!)

Slightly out of date pics are at http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii30 ... s%20build/

Arcus
    Under construction antweight with claws, currently waiting for me to work out how to armour such an oddly shaped thing :P

Arcus is done...well, it has been done for a while actually :P but only just got around to posting it, so here we go. Shane called it 'nuts' at Kidderminster which I can only assume is a good thing, heh...

Arcus
    Weight: 125g
    Dimensions: 145 x 120 x 25 mm
    Drive: 2 x 75.7:1 Sanyo gearmotors (out of Jigsaw IV) driving 20mm diameter rubber/Dycem tyred wheels, run from a Peter Waller Option A speed controller, 135mah 2 cell 7.4v lithium polymer pack, and a spaghetti bolognese wiring setup
    Armour: 1mm hardened aluminium chassis/base, 1mm polycarbonate rear armour, 0.5mm carbon fibre top panel
    Weapons: Aluminium claws (obtained second hand from Dave Weston, I believe they were originally made by Tony Fowler) driven through servo gears and a Futaba S3102 metal gear mini servo
    Notes: Self righting is through a consolidated synergetic multi-party platform system designed to overcome shortcomings in the individual (i.e. it's nonexistent and relies on the other robot to flip it back over). Not really a competitive antweight - it doesn't quite fit the 4 cube with the claws in any position - but it works well for demonstrations and is unbelievably fun

Did you ever find out the cause of the burning incident at RFRC Joey?

I think the servo just overloaded, they don't really like 7.4v that much...the circuit and motor had both gone, I actually blew another servo at Kidderminster (thankfully just the motor, there was no smoke this time) and I find myself having to avoid heavy flipper usage in order to avoid burning them out...it's a strange situation, I may need to revise the linkage as far too much pressure seems to be borne by the servo when it self rights, that or look for a different servo.

Thanks for the comment Connor

Arcus Looks great joey :P

Just a few questions

Is it invertable?. Cos that might be a problem facing bots like Void and Anticide etc

and also it weighs 125g. Could you possibly switch the armour to titanium?

Thanks for the compliment it's not invertible as the linkage gets in the way, I keep toying with ideas for a srimech though.

As far as armour goes, titanium costs over £20 a sheet and takes absolutely ages to cut and bend with a Dremel and vice, and the polycarb and carbon fibre protects it from what it faces well enough...so nope, not considered switching the armour :P

Thanks for the reply Joey

You could make it a rollcage, but that might be a bit difficult

Register To Comment