Register To Comment
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this even worth fighting for?

The razer guys reason to not enter an event is up to them, rw is just a compertition, nobody has to enter it and im sure all of you guys have missed an event at some point. the thing that bothers me is that when the razer guys decide for whatever reason they dont want to go to an event everyone is so quick to start nit picking and name them scardy cats. wh yall the fuss???? have you all forgoten that hypno disk wasnt there and hey niether did wheely big chesse. Why all the moaning when its about Razer. I know if i were them i wouldnt want to come back to a community like this.

just my oppinion.

It is mainly because of Razer i came interested in Robotwars, and after seeing them live i was sure i wanted to be in this sport.

When i came to robotwars for the first time 3 years ago, it was for BNN Robotwars, a primairaly dutch competition to be filmed during filming of the UK competition and RW Extreme.

That year i met a lot of british roboteers for the very first time, and of coarse i was full of questions about how they solved issues we had with our robots.

Virtually everyone i talked to, took the time and effort to give me, and the army of dutch/belgian roboteers with me, a good solid answer to all questions, even showing it inside their robots if time and space permitted.

But what i saw the Razer team did really dumbfounded me. I asked the a reasonable simple question about placement of the ram and the motor drive. Not only did they tell me, but they took Razer apart on the spot, pulling all the stuff off they had just finished putting on. Within minutes i was looking down the belly of the beast.

To me that was incredible, and thanks to them and all the other roboteers i now have a much better understanding of fighting robots than i would have if we were just muddling along in Holland.

Right there and then, i knew this was the kind of sport i wanted to be in. Friends outside the arena, opponents inside the arena, but always respectfull of eachother.

And this concludes my mushy lubbydubby feelgood story of the day.

jdwacken
    I think youre being a little harsh there Babeth.

The Razer supporters arent brainless idiots, they are fans in the true meaning of the word i.e. fanatics, and their emotions will always tend to colour their reasoning when it comes to the object of their fanatiticism.

Whilst to me their attitude seems to me to be akin to the My country, right or wrong breed of patriotism, I can understand it to some extent. Were all human, all of us reasoning and emotional. Its getting the balance right thats the difficult part.

Having said all that, I too wish theyd all let the controversy and endless discussion die a natural and speedy death.

(Bother! Writing this hasnt helped that wish at all, has it? )

Richard

Ed,

Yes i do know exactly why the razer guys didnt enter, Ian and i are good friends. yes it was partly due to finantials think about it, do a compertition and risk your carrer. whats the point? they allready won it so they couldnt achive any higher. would anybody? no, hypno didnt niether did wheely big chesse ( i belive they didnt enter for the same reason, not too sure though ). I dont see what all your moanings about, if they dont what to enter why should they. They dont think there gods, and they are probably the most down to earth guys around.

If its the fans your annoyed at then moan to them after all they are only fans and not experts in the field.

i just wish some of you would grow up and find some one else to pick at. no wait, why cant you all just be nice???

Register To Comment