Register To Comment
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Roaming Robots, Aberystwyth 1st Feb 2004

Hehehe.
    It was good event. Nice to see you all agreeing. Yeah damn we was out of Gas eh James. The floor flipper was fun for everyone, even the feather weights which drove on it for the sheer hell of it. The pit was good, just as i was getting used to how to move it right and put the siren on in time etc, Razer breaks it :sad: So he got his revenge James. Hehe.

See you all at Preston, with a better pit - and an arena flipper with Burkets and Full Pressure Buffer tank.

Mr Stu
    Roaming Robots Crew

Crikey! The pit broke and I wasnt even there. Now Jonno cannot say that Dantomkia did it. LMAO

Sounds like a good one Jonno.

Mike.

Well what a start to 2004 !!!!

The White board was full, all day so that is a good sign.

Well done to Mute and P.I.M.P.anought who were overall winners of the friendly competition.

And also a late qualifyer, P.I.M.P.anought won the Roaming Robots Feather Weight European Championship. A robot to watch out for !

The Arena changes appear to have been received very well, with plenty of positive comments.

Lower floor for public and roboteer viewing on the floor, and ease of loading unloading, although for Preston we will have a new door, which will be higher.

Extra support on the floor to reduce the bounce.

Arena Flipper - great fun, although needs the gas leak fixing, a burcket valve and buffer tank, ( on the way ) to get robots flying better.

Pit lasted a record 9 ish fights, and while working added the little extra sparkle to the show, and robots actually ran over it without too much problem, together with the sound effects and pit button was great fun.

Best fight apparently as I didn€™t see it was Razer Vs The raptor, each being pitted and raised back up to carry on.

Only reason why it broke was because I didn€™t have time to fit a limiter switch on the down travel and the jack unscrewed itself ! it didn€™t break it just went wrong.
    But it€™ll get sorted i now know what it needs, along with some Pyrotechnics for when robots fall in.

Work begins for Preston now with the final alterations of the arena, including flipper upgrade, pit upgrade, arena spikes on the side, and probably a makrolon roof.

Must say big thanks Steven Fern and the Arts Centre staff who obviously got their advertising spot on, to Stu, our new effects man, and Trevor from mighty mouse who also spent the weekend with us helping to set up, and take down. And the crew€¦ fantastic job all round

Event report will be on the website asap, role on Preston.

Jonno
    http://www.roamingrobots.co.ukwww.roamingrobots.co.uk
    http://www.ukinnovations.co.ukwww.ukinnovations.co.uk

revolutionroger
    Not to add something new to anything that anyone else has said, but merely to echo the the praise that everyone has heaped on in bucket loads;

A bloody good event.

Roger.

just a foot note the Roaming Robot crew did a first class job well done to all of them

HI, Just thought id bring this across from our guestbook, this is what its all about.. putting a show on for the crowd.

You lot should be proud of yourselves for putting on a good show.

jonno

Name: Sean and Toby

Comments: Hoorah for Roaming Robots!!! We visited your show at Aberystwyth yesterday (1/02/04) Mum thought it was brilliant weve been trying to tell her that for months...and very good value for money. When are u coming to Wales again, we cant wait. Thank u for the show its the best thing we have ever seen. Goooo Razer!!~~****!!!

How did you hear about Roaming Robots? Local Paper Tivyside

Are you going to become a member? If Mum will let us!
    Febuary 2, 2004 11:02:38 (GMT Time)

We aim to please :P Found out why alpha was only running slow, it was the first time i had used my new TX and found out the mixer reduced the power by 60%, DOH! so im using the seperate mixer i had before.

The first mixer i tried, a futaba one, didnt allow full power when both channels where needed. Ive put my old GWS mixer in, and it works fine. Do the futaba mixers reduce the power as well?

Event report finally up on the site.

Bobs hard drive crashed, hence the delay.

Jonno

Register To Comment