Register To Comment
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Debenham 10th/11th April 2004

Hi Guys,

I dont know if anyone is still looking into this area of comment, but I expect someone will pick up what I say and good news travels fast! The Easter Robot Rumble is already rising from the ashes. We are in the final stages of sorting out arrangements with Geoff (the Rumble commentator) and Dave (the man who provides all the lighting and audio) for them to take responsibility for the Arena etc and to run next years Rumble with a bit of help from Roy and I, to ensure continuity of quality. After all the nice things you guys have said, it mustnt be allowed to die and now it wont. So note the Easter Robot Rumble on Easter Saturday and Sunday 2005. Actual dates for Easter 2005 are not yet published (they are different every year. I know that Geoff & Dave want to team up with Jonno and Roaming Robots again to ensure the event draws the same praise as it has done in the past. It will probably move down the road about ten miles to Ipswich. There is a much bigger population there to ensure audience sizes and Geoff has particular links with a High School that has a Sports Hall about twice as big as Debenham (Square instead of Rectangular). Making more room for audiences and Pits. Obviously details are not being published about the event until later this year, but the date is sound. Roy and I look forward then to meeting up again at Easter 2005 with all our Roboteer friends and hopefully with plenty of time to chat. More info in due course.

Eddy Alcock

Im very glad to hear this Eddy! You and Roy have done a great job year after year, and the Debenham Robot Rumble has always been a highpoint in the roboteering calendar. I hope that the two of you will now have the time to resurrect Prizephita and turn up as competitors again!

Register To Comment