Register To Comment
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brighton Model World, 13th - 15th Feb

Boys and girls, yet again we have been asked to host this event.

Interested? send me an email

Mike.Lambert1@ntlworld.com

I have been a little remiss here. Maybe I should tell you what Brighton Model World is for those that dont know.

At the beginning of each year a lot of Sussex model clubs, ranging from boats, cars, trucks trains and planes invite clubs from all over the country and hire the Brighton International Centre for 3 glorious days. For the last 5 years they have asked robots from Robot Wars to attend their event. Last year Robot Show was asked to hold the event for them and this year details have just been finalised for next years event.

As you all know, spaces are limited as are expences ( nothing changes does it ) so please book early.

This is a Friday, Saturday and Sunday event. Saturday and Sunday being the most important public days. Good fun is had by all and on Saturday night a resturant is booked for us all to have a good eat and drink.

Cheers.

4. now, I must be either too old or just plain stupid. What on Earth is a Theramin? Or dont I want to know?

Parking is not too bad for competitors. We have our own private car park at Black Rock with a mini bus to shuttle us back and forth.

Mike.

A Theramin or Theremin is an electronic instrument played by waving your hands near a couple of antennae. It detects a capacitance effect between one antenna and hand to control volume, and between the other antenna and hand to control pitch. An early synthesiser.

Think of the incidental music from The Forbidden Planet if you want to know what it sounds like.

Or go to:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000J8RP/103-4864267-8771018?v=glancehttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...67-8771018?v=g lance

go down to the Listen to samples section and click on the play links.

it is used in many scifi movies as a sound effect for flying saucers.

Register To Comment