Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HP buffer tanks

im abit unsure about the rules concerning HP buffer tanks. Are bottles such as the small welding bottles and sodastream bottles ok to use as buffers? I know they are no longer allowed by RW as supply bottles, but i cant find any rule saying they cant be used as buffers. Is there any rule concerning them? We are looking at improving the flow into our ram, and we cant fit a 1.1kg bottle in (if we could we would use it as a main tank and carry extra gas anyway).
    cheers

If you consider the Mentorn rules, you make use whatever you like after the bottle.
    The FRA rules ask for some kind of certification that the part will survive the job.

Why not hack away at one of your 600g Co2 Bottles Alan.

Stu

i used a small oxy tank for the buffer tank at rw and it passed if any one wants one i have one left they need the conectors welding or brazing oni can bring it to witw

Alan, yes im pretty sure you can use soda stream bottles as buffers,

Another option would be a disposable mig welding co2 bottles, Take the 1/8th fitting of the top, drill out a larger hole and push about 25mm of steel pipe in...Drill out the pipe and weld it to the bottle, then tap the pipe to 1/2 BSP...have it certified and that should be enough.

How many liters of gas do you need your buffers to carry?

regards
    Dave moulds
    Team Turbine/PLF

It depends on the cylinder volume, but according to Mario, three times the cylinder volume should be sufficent.

But you never know, there might come someone who dislikes armour and has a lot of excess weight?

Register To Comment