Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official FRA Featherweight Site - FeatherWeights.org

All good
    (had to take the main weapon blades off at FWS 2003)

3. team_ireland
    My opinion is that if you increase the weight limit then its just as much of a challange to build a robot in that weight limit. Even though heavyweights have 100kg to play with not the 12kgs of a feather its equally as hard to get a heavyweight underweight as it is to get a featherweight underweight.

You see if we increase the weight limit that means that people will want to use bigger bore rams to flip the heavier weight the same height so all that extra weight is gone and your still struggeling to fit it into the weight class.

Others will stick extra armour on. The spinners then stick on a heavier disk so they can get through the extra armour. Pushers up grade their motors so they can push everythign still. It just goes on and on and on and you are still struggling to get the robot under the weight limit.

12kg is a fine weight limit. Why change it? As they say if its not broken dont fix it!

Regards
    Ian

Gravity does not exist. The earth sucks

6. i dont think upping the weight would be a good idea, a coupke of years ago, maybe. But we have had to spend alot of money and cut back on items to keep the feathers within the weight. It wouldnt be fair to change it now (although it means G2 would of been in weight!).

I think the main issue is that of damage (currently being discussed on Ti Grades thread.

8. I agree 100% with that comment James...Looking at pictures of feathers a year ago...youd be lucky to see some 6mm rubbish grade ali used and if you had that it would be classed at OTT, Now we are seing all these billet bots that are soon to come to roaming robots ( I think they are?) and im sure they will impress alot of people....but an exstra 100grams would suit me fine

regards
    Dave moulds
    Team Turbine

Register To Comment