Register To Comment
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA Rules

While on the subject on maximum voltage, I for one think 60V is approuching the very dangerous voltages for people that are not well versed in electronics.

I think 36V to 48V should be more than adequate for fighting robots, what do you think?

Bye,
    Leo

If the receiver is switched off the robot must failsafe

This makes the built-in failsafes of PCM-receivers useless. You will have to add external failsfes nevertheless.

Holger, I dont agree. 4QDs that we uses will stop if the rx power is lost as the speed input is then zero. What can happen first is a sudden direction change when the direction power is lost before the decel ramps return the speed to zero. In anycase we have failsafes after the rx just in case. What is worrying is that if the failsafes in the PCM are not active (as has happened to ours on more than one occation under the tech check) then it will stay at the last set speed.

In your case, the 4QD interface will provide the external failsafe function. Not too much of a problem for the drive system, as many speed controllers do. It is more a problem with the weapon system. where the controllers normally arent that intelligent.

You are right, if the PCM failsafes get stuck, an external solution wont help you. Id say: Buy a good radio system . We luckily never had that problem with our JR X-388s.

Yep.

Mr Stu

Register To Comment