Register To Comment
Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Featherweight Database

my apoligises ewan, we all have our faults, ill try to work things out more, and decrease the amount i use everyone elses wide bank of expierence

thanks though alex

Roboteer

For what its worth, the whole idea of this forum is to ask questions and gain from others experience.

There is nothing wrong with a little research, but the experience of others is invaluable. Do ask questions. Do think your questions through before asking them.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Thought I would add something in this section as Ive been making a few major adjustments to ploughbot recently.

Specs.

Armour - 4mm hardox, Mild steel, Stainless steel.
    Chassis - 100% titanium
    Drive - Astroflight 40s, running through custom 15:1 2stage gearboxes. Currently 4wd using the blue wheels, although im now making some interesting changes to this .
    Batteries - 22.2v, 4500mA Lithium Polymers with 225A discharge (dont think about using Lipos unless you know exactly what your doing with them!!)
    Weapon - Lifter with built in self-righting mech. Hardox scoop, down to up in about 1 second. Control for the lifter will also be changing soon.
    Speedos - Vantec RDFR23 for drive, making new decision for lifter control.
    Weight, 11.1kg.
    TX - DX6
    Cost - dont ask

Ploughbot evo is still on-going with improvements, and the recent changes in gearboxes, speedo and batteries proved to work better than expected. I now have nearly 1kg to play with and by the UK champs I will have added some other features to bring it a little closer to the limit again.
    The new titanium chassis also turned out better than i hoped, saving me well over 1kg compared to the the steel one previously used.
    It had a few problems when testing at the weekend, the drive pins need to be better secured and most the problems should be solved to make it more reliable than ever.

I knew my comment would be taken with some cynicism

To reassure I obviously dont mean refrain from asking questions at all, but rather do your maths before asking them. The internet is a wealth of guides and pointers which thankfully leaves us people with rather fewer novice questions to repeatedly answer. A comment to be taken with a pinch of salt as always.

Heard many good things of Grants machine, will be good to compete against it come July.

Thats exactly what happened
    Think i got away lightly with the vantec though, appears to be a simple fix - i hope!

Hannibalito 2 did fairly well last weekend. The power is there, just some issues with control to figure out and because Ed recommended it well think about bottom armour.

Register To Comment