Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First ever real build lews featherweight

Team Kaizen

Looking very tasty - what thickness is the Carbon Fibre?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Supermotolew
    Thanks Lucy!

That battery protector plate is 3mm but i think ill do the esc brackets in 1.5mm there purely to support the components. You can see the intended X shaped esc brackets here with blue hdd rubbers onthe corner.
    20211220_171615.jpg
    Last edited by Supermotolew; 23rd December 2021 at 22:15.

Supermotolew
    Things have been a little tight over xmas so i started working on the box for the battery as i already had the materials.
    The Battery enclosure is looking good just awaiting some foam to cnc a pocket into.
    Theres a chance this wont be used but ive made it in a way it will also fit another bot i was planning next.
    20211230_103607.jpg

Supermotolew
    Fancied trying somthing new today, so had a play with modeling the hydraulics! Little slow@12v hoping to swap that out with brushless 6s

20220112_173302.jpg

20220112_173254.jpg

Team Kaizen

Looks very, very cool. How heavy is all the hydraulic gear?

Supermotolew
    Each ram and hose + oil is about 440g these are about 30mm too long really so im adding a little weight in the claw to cope with the longer than needed geometry.
    The pump is a little heavier but i guess 70% of that weight is this big ol rs770-795 ish motor ( this or the spinner is what i plan for your motor to live ) should save weight and length!
    I think for "a hydraulic" pincer the system should be very light in comparison to other steel rams and dc packs. But for a feather weight its still heavy and my armour will suffer. Awaiting new scales and ill get u a total module weight!
    Last edited by Supermotolew; 12th January 2022 at 19:56.

Team Kaizen

Hopefully yes, the motor should be ligher than a RS775 motor. I had to make this consideration for my Middleweight but if you are looking for modularity, design the weapon pod around the location of the motor as so to making dropping the pods in and out.

Supermotolew
    Hi Lucy,

Wondering if you can help me ID this motor i thought it was a RS775 but now im wondering if its larger maybe a 895! or larger if they go!
    its 6.3mm shaft. body length 85mm body diameter 81.5 was in a 12v system.

more importantly im looking for a brushless that would match it in torque and a little more RPM (i will run 5 or 6 s) and of course a little lighter!

any thoughts?

Team Kaizen

That sounds like a Speed 900 to me. There were Tornado 850s (I think) but the size of the motor and the shaft suggests a Speed 900. They are fairly uncommon these days.

Supermotolew
    Thanks it lools a little closer! How does one translate brushed specs to brushless equivalent? Im guessing not so simple!

Register To Comment