Register To Comment

Thread: HW events in the north

I'll Play One Day
    Are there any? Or do I have to revisit the south? I got a 24 hour ban from FB for asking this question. Christ knows why- probably FB's stupid algorhythms. I'm from the south originally (probably closest to Gabriel) but moved oop north (a loooong way from Oxfordshire) 20 years ago.

Team Kaizen

Most, if not all, of the HW events are in the South. Robots Live did have a event at Grantham until this year, not sure if that is going to happen again. Extreme Robots used to have an event around Manchester and Bolton way a few years ago but that seems to move around a lot.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

There is a TBC Robots Live event in Stoke-on-Trent for 23-24 July 2022 according to the BBB Calendar, with a Grantham event also TBC for September.
    Powerhouse Robotics

I'll Play One Day
    That's almost North, I suppose! I said that I'd never come down south again, but if I ever build this thing it looks like I'm going to have to!

Team Kaizen

I find getting to Cheltenham easy enough along the M6/M5 from where I am but yeah, these are quite long excursions for those not in the South.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 8th November 2021 at 18:04.

I'll Play One Day
    As an example, Oxford is 210 miles for me. Mind you, you're not exactly southern yourself.

Team Kaizen

185 miles to Oxford by Google Maps. I've done where I live to Portsmouth and back in a day which was quite exhausting as you can imagine. Crawley (the last event I did) is about 260 miles from where I live so I do totally undersatand the frustration.

I'll Play One Day
    It's worth it just to have left the south for me!

Register To Comment