Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First full combat featherweight-talk me out of it ...

Not that it has been widely acknowledged it but I'm at least part sponsoring Robodojo this year and you

can get the red carpet treatment as far as I'm concerned Adam if you can make it up.

I'm looking for a beetle and ant weight owner to make up a team for Augusts 3 day event

if you are interested.

Camping on site is now available for anyone at £10 per person to save on hotel bills.
    Last edited by team death; 25th July 2021 at 16:17.

Redirect Left
    Quote Originally Posted by team death View Post
    I'm looking for a beetle and ant weight owner to make up a team for Augusts 3 day event

if you are interested.
    Depending on dates, I'd definitely be up for that. Whilst I don't have an ant currently, my one time BotFest entry was scrapped nearly immediately after. If you're wanting to run some of mine, both of my BWs are disassembled in a box, I'll have to seek them and hope they still all fit together. Both of my BWs are fairly heavy hitting spinners, if Dojo has a suitable arena for them? My availability in August is pretty sketchy up until after 12th, but any time after that I shall be happy to help out and the fly the flag once more.

You are welcome to bring them up one Sunday Adam and we can work on them together

like the old days-heavy hitting spinners are whats required for sure.

Events are at the end of August inc the bank holiday Monday.

Redirect Left
    I have thrown you a rather long (sorry) private message with information on my bots, and further stuff I can donate to the Team Death cause relating to any future bots you may wish to do, I have some interesting spare bits currently that may interest you in furthering your combat FW sights.
    I recently came across my Team Death polo shirt too when tidying up my flat, which may be a sign its time for me to get back into it myself too.

Driller Queen extreme attended it's first full combat event last Sunday and I was pleased with

it's performance overall.

The full combat annihilator was a last bot standing event at Robodojo so it was a bit of a baptism of fire.

I wanted to test out the stainless steel bodywork and headed for Binky on purpose and although the Robot

went flying it was relatively unscathed and fought on.

The drill had been broken off in a previous game so was inactive, eventually the link cable was torn loose

and the Robot lost power just after the wheel had been buckled.

I will probably drop the drill idea and put stainless steel all round with a deflecting wedge scoop.

Anyroad here's the video posted by someone at the event...........

McMullet
    Great stuff Colin, good to see it up and running and standing up to the punishment from Binky. Seems to be driving well too.

Register To Comment