Register To Comment

Thread: pneumatic set

Redirect Left
    You can sometimes see them being put on sale here on the forum, or infrequently on ebay. Some roboteers will do commissions and build one for you, usually at a fair price too. So hopefully one may reply here, given I don't know myself who does them currently. It's a bit too niche for there to be a website dedicated to just doing it, I'd think.
    Last edited by Redirect Left; 31st December 2020 at 21:43.

As Adam mentioned, there are no places that sell robot-specific pneumatics setups as it's a very niche thing, unless you get a roboteer selling a setup off.

You usually have to source all the parts individually; I put a video on my YouTube channel that covers the pneumatic setup in my featherweight flipper, Renegade, and I've just updated the description to include links to all the main components:

It's worth noting that I use the majority of those same components in my Shunt replica (HW scale) so the only main differences between a FW and HW setup is the size of the ram and the bottle used (600g paintball tank for FW, 2kg fire extinguisher for HW).

Team Helix
    The blue black connectors can be easly found on ebay or other similar places under pneumatic push fit connectors. They are cheap and easy to use. But only go to 10 bar. I have used many in my robots as i had to keep the weight down. But best to use them as a prototype then change to stronger metal fittings when you proved the setup works. I have had so many plastic ones break in fights due to cold, pressure and impact shocks. Not reliable. Remember JAR in robotwars Christmas special had same issue.

Register To Comment