Register To Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Obligatory First Featherweight Build Log (FeatherDozer)

Wow! Thank you for the very high praise

Yes, FeatherDozer (I still hate the name) would probably be better as a low, 4WD lifter, but I wanted a design as compact as possible and look a bit different, hence the 2WD. The next design (many ideas and designs in progress) will be an evolution of FeatherDozer to hopefully take on the big featherweight spinners.

As I decided to do the write up here, I could go slightly more technical as I have seen in other build diaries. Plus I've had plenty of practice writing technical reports due to my job.

I hope we can get back to fighting in the near future.

Thanks again to all for your kind words
    Last edited by Sam_Gad; 1st February 2021 at 15:05.
    Sam Gad

Learn the hard way Robotics

.....And we are back!

After 4 months of not posting on this thread I am finally heading out to another event (Robodojo May event).

Only a quick update today.

In this time the only aspect I have changed is my team name. The previous team name (just Send it Robotics) was a good start but is a little bit too generic for my liking. The new team name is Learn the hard way Robotics.

Once this event is complete, I will have a better idea of the direction I want to take with FeatherDozer for the rest of the year. This could include weapon upgrades, drive motor changes and additional protection where needed (I'm looking at you drive gears....).

For now, here is the recently repainted FeatherDozer ready to head up north.

PXL_20210529_171724769.jpgPXL_20210529_171730501.jpgPXL_20210529_171745402.jpg
    Last edited by Sam_Gad; 30th May 2021 at 11:44.
    Sam Gad

Learn the hard way Robotics

Team Kaizen

Looking good as always, hope you do well in the May RoboDojo event!
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

FeatherDozer looks great as always!

Well excited for tomorrow now, hopefully we get the chance for a good scrap!

Great to see this machine in the (robotic) flesh Sam, really nice piece of work. Hope to see you at the next one too!

Register To Comment