Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heavyweight Drive System

jason uses a40 300 amp flow motors the same as me. i use a megawotty i believe jason uses a robotek , i used to use 4qd controllers and yes needs an interface i would stay away from them now im not sure anyone knows how to fix them at events.

i also run them on on 7cell lipo

wotty or watty no links they're made by a roboteer call ian watts runs bigger brother , if you're using smaller motors like bosch 750 or equivalent then a normal watty would do. when ive ever had problems you just send to him and he fixes it simple.
    probably someone will post a second hand one on here now !

Team Kaizen

Not to my knowledge, no. I use a HW controller in my MW for its axe, a VEX Victor BB (ref: https://www.ampflow.com/controllers/vex/) which is a little fiddly but works for my needs.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Regarding the 4QD, i have used them in the past but they are bulky and in the case of the PRO 360, expensive. As for the Vex BB controllers, they are again expensive ($499 each) and are not easily bought in the UK anymore.

Your best bet would be to look at the Roboteq controllers, there are plenty of builders who use them so plenty of people who can help with them, they are also available as dual channel and single channel controllers so you can choose if you want 1 controller or have 1 per motor.
    Another option would be the Robot Power Vyper: https://www.robotshop.com/uk/vyper-1...ontroller.html
    you would need 2 for drive and you would be limited to 36V but then you would need 2 4QD controllers as well or 2 Vex BBs.

lol.... just because something is new will not guarantee it lasts longer in this sport !

Team Kaizen

HW components are expensive across the board usually. They don't have to be, the Vex BB controller I mentioned was a second hand affair (as Chris mentioned, they aren't readily available in the UK and are expensive new) and the pair of Ampflow A28-400 motors for my upcoming HW were definitely second hand as well.

I like to think of buying second hand as them having been tested in the sport in some capacity, even if it was only for testing purposes by the seller. As Terry mentions, buying brand new doesn't ensure they'll last any longer than used and as you might imagine, this sport is unforgiving. I've blown up at least one Cytron dual controller which I bought new.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment