Register To Comment

Thread: Best way to connect multiple lipo's

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RobK
    I'm looking at a robot design that will need 8s for drive and 13s for Weapon. This is on a featherweight

What are the do's and don't around multiple batteries? I've had 2 batteries in parallel before and tech check has been happy, that just had a single fuse in the loom to protect both batteries, the burst current was such that either battery would have been able to supply the system. Series wiring seems very different?

I'm looking to series wire three batteries 4s 4s and a 5s. Them have a take off at 8s for the drive and the full 3 batteries for 13s for the weapon.

What is the right way? I can fuse each battery individually if needed? Thats the way i'm looking to go.

Or can i just fuse each feed off (fused at the burst current of lowest rated batteries it involves?) The 4s batteries will need extra capacity as they will be doing the drive and weapon.

Whats best, any advice appreciated. I had hoped weapon and drive would be 8s but i need to up the voltage on the weapon if possible
    Last edited by RobK; 27th September 2020 at 13:28.

Register To Comment