Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Middleweight project

ah yes i saw this get suggested to be me on you-tube, only thing to be aware about is that parts of this robot could be rather out of data, also looking at it some of construction it could bend badly, i would highly suggest you look though build logs here and on Facebook

Team Helix
    Lots I predict there were 10 regular attendees, then half a dozen ones that ocasionally turned up plus definately 2 or 3 new ones for this year from other known builders which we have seen metalwork cut for. So lots of robots a thwackbot would be good as we need non spinner middleweight robots for robots live if we want our own fights!!

Team Kaizen

They most certainly do exist. It can be hard to get our own fights at events simply because of the lack of numbers but hey, it'll happen. :P
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Send a PM to one of the admins? I don't think a user can relocate a thread onve posted

Team Kaizen

I would have said the fra user as well. Try "kane" as well.

Update:

The design is now about 99% done. I've had to ditch the idea to use a hardox pipe as the body, and came up with a more aesthetically pleasing (but probably less durable) "rollcage" design.

MW robot Somersault.jpg

The blue parts are going to be 3D-printed out of flexible filament, the gaps between the bars are about 18mm so unless someone brings a robot armed with a highly accurate sharpened screwdriver or somenting like that, i'm not too worried about it.

Before buying the expensive materials for the chassis, i'm going to make a mockup using mostly 3d-printed parts, and am currently in the process of printing the parts i need. (veeeery sloooowly...)
    It may take a while.

Also, i'm torn between two potential names for the robot: Rollcage and Somersault. Any thoughts?

Register To Comment