Register To Comment

Thread: Reprogramming red brick 200a v2 to brushed, is it possible?

Hello guys!

I am pondering a middleweight for when all the virus madness dies down! I have heard good things about the Red Bricks so was looking at getting some. The only issue is i was looking to use some wheelchair motors I was given a while ago which are brushed, and I believe the Red Bricks are brushless. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with reprogramming these to be brushed and if there is any custom firmware available for them that does this?

Thanks a lot

Team Kaizen

It is possible to do. I have a USB programmer that I use to flash my old TZ85As when they were around and I still use it to this day to experiment with customised SimonK firmware on my 100A Red Bricks. Sadly the programmer isn't available anymore as far as I am aware. If events were still on, I would have said bring your firmware, I'll bring my laptop and programmer and we'll see what we can do.

As far as getting ahold of brushed firmware, I can't help you there. I think ACE Robotics does them, I've had some custom firmware from them before for converting 200A Red Bricks for another project. That being said. if you are planning Red Bricks or something of that size to run a MW, extra cooling is needed.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 25th June 2020 at 22:48.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Thanks! Yea, its a pain at the moment because this would be prime time to learn about these things at events -_- Is ACE Robotics a team? Might be worth giving them a message Ill rig up some good 24v fans over them I did that for Stabby although granted that was overkill ha ha

Team Kaizen

Yes, ACE Robotics is a team. Might be worth asking Theo if he can get them to contact you.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment