Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purple beaver- first featherweight

Mr Manuva27
    Awesome! Welcome to the forum!

You sound like you have quite a lot figured out. Do you have ESCs yet? If so, which ones?

I wouldn't be so scared by the LiPos. As long as you treat them with respect and follow the safety recommendations (which you should be doing with all parts of robot building), they are no more dangerous than a normal battery. Regardless, the NiMh will be a good start to test with. With regards to the weapon, an axe would probably be easiest for the design and setup you have.

Look forward to seeing it develop and eventually seeing you on the circuit!

Team Kaizen

Hey there, welcome to the forum!

Nelly was an axebot originally (if my memory serves me) so fitting a new mechanism in shouldn't be too hard. Lifter would work as well. I was like you when I started, bearing put off by LiPos so I ended up using LiFe batteries instead and I still do in my FW and MW robots.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

I must admit I nearly bid on Nelly but I already have 5 feathers and thought 6 would be an extravagance .

Nelly has real personality well done in buying her.

Team Kaizen

Not sure what escs they are just some of ebay that can handle 12v. I will probs get some from ranglebox soon.
    If you are getting them from Ranglebox, they'll serve you well. I'd probably go for the 30A variant for this.

You can never have enough robots.
    Haha, true. Out of my ten, eight are running and two are in bits. Guess that is what happens when you fight in four weight classes.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

So today went well.
    The drive motors have been wired up to RSC's and there is a link.
    20200620_170801.jpg
    When it came to the receiver it had power but wouldn't connect the controller.
    I have the flysky I-6 if anyone knows how to set them up properly. The led also wouldn't work but I have others that do.
    Once I have the drive and everything working properly I will begin working on the axe system. Then new panels.

There are lots of useful video's on you tube Joshua, this one I found very good and informative and includes
    binding tips.

Register To Comment