Welcome to my build log

After 20 years of saying I’m going to build my own robot, I’ve finally got round to doing something about it. Thanks for the nudge Mr Manuva27 and Diddlydodger

To start with, I’m just going to build a simple pushbot and try to get it to move before developing it any further.

After reading through some of the other build logs, I have managed to get transmitter, receiver, drills, wheels, Escs and have found some wood in the garage for the frame, so now it’s just a case of finding the time to get on with it.

Once I’ve managed to get that working then I’ll look to upgrade the armour to hdpe and think about adding a weapon.

First task was to strip the drills down however I managed to break my screwdriver trying to undo the reverse threaded screw (off to a good start!) I have ordered a new one so whilst I wait for that to arrive I’m hoping to get the nuts inserted into the nylon wheels with the help of a blowtorch and pillar drill. Then it will be on to learning how to solder up the connections and figure out the wiring.

Most importantly I still need to come up with a name for my robot!