Hi all, I've had an "interesting" experience over the weekend and thought I'd share.

I recently bought a couple of new Lemon receivers. I tried binding them to a Devo 7e Tx and absolutely nothing happened. I initially thought back to anecdotal reports of Devo/DSMX compatibility issues, but extensive testing determined that it wasn't that simple.

To summarise my exciting Sunday of testing:
  • Tx samples: 2x Devo 7e with Deviation v5.0.0, 1x Spektrum Dx6e
  • Rx samples: 2x new (from the last week) Lemon DSMX Rx, 1x old (a few months) Lemon DSMX Rx, 1x old (>1 yr) Orange DSMX Rx, 1x old (>1 yr) Spektrum Rx.
  • Results:
    • Dx6e binds to everything with no problems. No Rx can be called "faulty" on that basis.
    • Devo 7e (with any amount of twiddling, firmware rollback/nightly build) can bind to anything other than the newest Rx

I posted about this on RC Forums and apparently there is a change in hardware that will possibly affect all new DSMX receivers, i.e., including ORange and Spektrum, which may make them incompatible with Devo going forward.

If you have a few old receivers knocking around you're fine, and quite possibly this can be fixed in an update to Deviation at some point, but something to be aware for now.