Register To Comment
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: BotFest 4 (25th April 2020)

Team Kaizen

Yes, this would be fine so long as I am made aware of this.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 23rd July 2021 at 11:22.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Coolio. Just remember that *all* robots have to pass tech check before entering the arena. You'll therefore need to bring your loaners/spare robots to tech check as well.

Mr Manuva27
    Can't wait. Looking forward to it!

Haven't been before, where is the best place to park near the church?

Team Kaizen

There is also a car park, of sorts, at the Church itself but it is an awkward turn in.

Had a lot of fun today, I think a large part of my 10-5 overall record was not fighting a single spinner. Looking forward to the video upload when its done. Would it be possible to put each robots name up at the start of each fight in the video, as it does make it easier for showing to friends and family?
    Powerhouse Robotics

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by voyanuitoa View Post
    Had a lot of fun today, I think a large part of my 10-5 overall record was not fighting a single spinner. Looking forward to the video upload when its done. Would it be possible to put each robots name up at the start of each fight in the video, as it does make it easier for showing to friends and family?

I’m sure I can sort that out when I edit it together

Really enjoyed today, thanks so much to everyone who makes Bot Fest such a great little community. LOVELY people! Brilliant, and thanks so much Lucy for putting on yet another great show! í ½í¸Ž

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

I'll second that (and many thanks for the thanks!). I am so pleased that the event was well received despite the minor niggles throughout the day. It really is everyone who comes together for this little event that makes it what it is, a laid back, fun event and I hope that it continues to endure

For BotFest 5, I don't anticipate running this until next year. As I briefly mentioned, I am looking to potentially to put together a BW class arena and this requires a fair bit of planning and logistics on my part for I am rapidly running out of room to store all of my robotics stuff.

The AW arena does need a few more modifications - whilst I was glad of the LED strip in the arena, I wasn't happy with the overall coverage of it and that back section still needs work. Talking with one or two of the people there, the suggestion came up of a curved half pipe affair came up which I am open to.

I also have a lot of tape to replace... ^^;

Scarrosaki
    another great botfest, brilliant to see people again and get some fighty robots going after a loooong break, and big gg's to people for some great fun fights

liked the blocks covering parts of the pit, it's nice that you can't kinda cheese it by getting someone on a wall and pushing them along it and down into the pit anymore, that's made thigs a lot more interesting for us flippy types.

The real winner of the event though has to be that small gap on the far wall that so many people got caught in :P

this version of Bodacious is going to be retiring now though due to rather extensive damage from (i think) baby dead bod, so will be bringing something fresh and not a flipper for bf5 whenever that happens, will defo be back

Register To Comment