Register To Comment
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BotFest 4 (25th April 2020)

Hi Lucy
    If you could organise an outdoor event-maybe under a gazebo I believe 27th of March is the official
    start date for sporting events outdoors though it's up to the individual to assess when they feel
    prepared to hold any event.

Team Kaizen

Hi Lucy
    If you could organise an outdoor event-maybe under a gazebo I believe 27th of March is the official
    start date for sporting events outdoors though it's up to the individual to assess when they feel
    prepared to hold any event.
    I did consider a outdoors event and I am open to considering it. Nothing is set in stone.

Awesome! Hope we can finally have this! TBH I don't think we'd have an AWS so soon after lockdown is eased so you're probably good on that front.
    Yeah, I hope we can have this too. :P As I understand it, AWS 62 hasn't been scheduled yet? I'll need to check RW101 to see what the latest is there.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

McMullet
    Hooray! It's looking a bit vague at the moment but it sounded like pubs would potentially be allowed to do outside service by mid April, so if I can go and have a pint in a beer garden I would've thought outdoor robot combat would be permitted.

Anyway, whenever it happens I'll look forward to being not quite ready in time and rushing despite having over a year to finish something.

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    OK, so following the announcement of the provisional roadmap by the government, my proposal is to have BotFest 4, finally, at the end of June though this does depend on, amongst other things, A) Wherever or not the law permits this at a reasonable time before the event itself and B) when AWS 62 is scheduled for.

Again, I stress, this is a proposal but at least a glimmer.
    I will be there 100% if it is at all possible to put on! Reallty would be amazing to have something to look forward to!

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

With the 21st of June coming, I would have liked to have said "yes, its going ahead on the 26th" with some relative certainty but with the situation in the UK as is at the moment, I am waiting to see what the government says first before committing to this. Assuming that the 21st goes ahead as planned, then I want to run BotFest 4 on the 26th of June at the church (see previous post for times and rules).

Prospective signup: http://antlog.garya.org.uk/event/27

Let's hope we can actually run this

EDIT: This has now been moved to the 24th of July.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 27th May 2021 at 15:40.

Looking forward to finally being able to do this!
    Powerhouse Robotics

McMullet
    I think there's a Robodojo FW event planned for the 26th Lucy, if that might affect your plans. Although after all this time you'll probably get plenty of takers anyway...

Team Kaizen

Argh, I didn't know about that. I'll leave the signup as is for the moment and if there is a Dojo on the 26th (I'll e-mail Ian shortly), I'll see about moving this a week or two - I am supposed to be at Rapture on the 3rd of July.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 18th May 2021 at 15:10.

Register To Comment