Register To Comment
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BotFest 4 (25th April 2020)

Team Kaizen

I've asked the church and they seem to be OK with it but I am struggling to get my head around the laws in effect at the moment. The law states that upto 30 people may meet indoors with no specific condiition that they can only be from two households (as I recall it, I am not at my main PC at the moment) but from reading the BBC and other places, they do say that it can only be from two households (ref: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729, https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/wellbei...-inside-551570) so I am a bit puzzled as to what the situation is.

For anyone who went to RoboDojo, how was this handled? Were you all outside?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

I'm currently looking through the rules on Grassroots sports, to see if that could apply.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-...ure-facilities
    It seems that if the Church/community centre can be classified as a provider of grassroots sport then there isn't a hard rule of the number of people.
    Last edited by voyanuitoa; 7th August 2020 at 18:24.
    Powerhouse Robotics

Hi Lucy
    In my view Robodojo was very professional regarding social distancing and the competitors were sensible-the

only close encounters were a metre apart which you might get at any supermarket visit to be honest

but nobody was touching and if you wanted a breather you could go to your car and remove your mask.

I think the risk infection during an event is low if you adhere to 2 metres rules /be cleaver with disinfectant

wear masks and gloves and nobody should attend if they have cold or flu symptoms, this is an unbiased

point of view as I won't be attending.

Team Kaizen

OK, so I've heard back from the church and they are OK with this. Details to follow shortly.

Team Kaizen

Here we go:

St. Lukes Church
    Poulton
    Wallasey
    CH44 3BD

Date
    26th September 2020

Time
    11:00 - 18:00

As originally planned, we are planning to split the robots off into 8 round robin heats if there is sufficient numbers with the top robot of that heat going through the quarter-finals and then a straight elimination from there. If there isn't enough robots to justify 8 heats, we'll revert back to the 4 heat system with the top two going through as normal. As always, there will be a all robot rumble as well.

As before, we are running a slightly modified variant of the AWS ruleset (http://robotwars101.org/ants/rules.htm), those being:

2.a: All weight limits have a 5% variance as below. Robots that exceed the AWS weight limit but are within the BotFest limit will have a note applied to the technical check sheet but pass in this instance.
    Antweight: 157.5g (Roller) / 236.25g (Walker)
    Fleaweight: 78.75g (Roller) / 118.65g (Walker)
    Nanoweight: 26.25g (Roller) / 39.9g (Walker)

2.b: All size limits have a 5% variance, so the dimension cubed that your robot must into is below. Robots that exceed the AWS weight limit but are within the BotFest limit will have a note applied to the technical check sheet but pass in this instance.
    Antweight: 106.68mm
    Fleaweight: 80.01mm
    Nanoweight: 63mm

4.a: All heat matches will last 2 minutes. All other matches except the All Robot Rumble will last 3 minutes. The All Robot Rumble will last until one robot remains mobile.

5.k A team is permitted to enter up to 3 robots of either a roller or walker.

Please note that only the first 14 teams can enter and will be on a first come, first served basis. We recommend that it'd be one person per team however, if you need to bring someone with you, please let me know via a PM or something. It is important that you do this if needed as we need to know exactly the numbers of people coming. In addition to this:

• A face covering and gloves MUST be worn at ALL times whilst in the building.
    • You MUST adhere to the one way system in place at the building.
    • You MUST respect social distancing.
    • You WILL need to bring your own PPE and toiletries (coverings, sprays, wipes, hand sanitiser etc).
    • You MUST NOT attend if you feel unwell in any way.

Event signup is here: https://forms.gle/5XJLuAhE2cFfJQ2w8

Hope to see you there!

I’ve submitted my entry, look forward to seeing everyone there.
    Powerhouse Robotics

Mr Manuva27
    Signed up! I've only listed Crumbs as my robot for the event on the form. If I manage to build another one before the event, am I ok to re-register that one too?

Team Kaizen

Yes, you should be able to update your response to the form with the extra name(s) if you need to.

Register To Comment