Register To Comment
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: BotFest 4 (25th April 2020)

Mr Manuva27
    If you need a calendar of events, Lucy, BBB have one on their website:

https://bristolbotbuilders.com/calendar.html

As someone who signed up for the 26th Dojo just hours before you announced the original day for Botfest, I'm very glad it has been moved to July I shall be signing up!

Team Kaizen

Ah excellent, looking forwards to seeing you there!

I do normally keep a calendar myself of the events happening in the year but with 2020 being what it was and personal illness, I've simply not kept on top of what events are happening when. Least now there is a solid date that doesn't appear to clash with any other event.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

McMullet
    24th July looks good! Also seems a mighty long way into the future right now but should be able to come. Fingers crossed work/life won't intervene!

Team Kaizen

Just to update given the news from the government last night - the intention is still to run BotFest 4 on the 24th of July as planned.

Obviously I wouldn't like to place a limit on numbers if it can be avoided and that is still the intention however if after the government review in two or three weeks determines there would still need to be limit on numbers, that is what will need to be in place - I don't think we've got a substantial number of entrants on Antlog to indicate this is going to be a problem (its a fairly large building) but I'll keep you all posted.

Team Kaizen

Following the announcement of intention from the UK government this evening, I am going to note the following:

1. I am not going to impose a limit on people coming to this event however, for BotFest 4, I am not going to encourage spectators to come (in short, roboteers only). By the time of BotFest 5, I want that to change but we can only see what the situation is then.
    2. Face coverings (unless exempt) and hand santisation are still going to be required. As an event organiser, I do not feel comfortable in saying that this can be lifted at the moment given the situation in the UK.
    3. I may still need to take contact details at the event for the purposes of track and tracing. I'll be seeking clarity on that.

As a reminder, the event is being held on the 24th of July from 11:00 - 18:00 at the following address with the usual BotFest specific rules:

St. Lukes Church
    Poulton
    Wallasey
    CH44 3BD

To allow as many people to come, I'll be doing the draw on the day.

McMullet
    Seems very sensible Lucy.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this one myself due to a family birthday, hope you all have fun though!

Bad Wolf
    I will be there

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

I will be there
    Excellent, excellent, looking forwards to seeing you there!

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this one myself due to a family birthday, hope you all have fun though!
    Ah shame, will hopefully see you at the next one.

Team Kaizen

With a little under 24 hours to go until the event (finally!), there are a few things I wanted to bring up before the event itself.

• Table space will be limited so please make room where you are able to.
    • Share out any extension cords/battery bags to other roboteers as needed.
    • You are welcome to film the event from outside the arena. We'll have at least one camera set up inside the arena and uploading to the BotFest YouTube channel.
    • Masks (unless exempt) and hand sanisitier use are mandatory in the Church itself.

For those that have not been to the event before, the address is:

St. Lukes Church
    Poulton
    Wallasey
    CH44 3BD

The event will start from 11:00 and finish (I anticipate) by 17:00. We do, however, need to be packed up and out by 18:00 at the absolute latest. Tech check will open after the opening briefing. If you are not familiar with BotFest's specific rules, here is a reminder of them:

2.a: All weight limits have a 5% variance as below. Robots that exceed the AWS weight limit but are within the BotFest limit will have a note applied to the technical check sheet but pass in this instance.
    Antweight: 157.5g (Roller) / 236.25g (Walker)
    Fleaweight: 78.75g (Roller) / 118.65g (Walker)
    Nanoweight: 26.25g (Roller) / 39.9g (Walker)

2.b: All size limits have a 5% variance, so the dimension cubed that your robot must into is below. Robots that exceed the AWS weight limit but are within the BotFest limit will have a note applied to the technical check sheet but pass in this instance.
    Antweight: 106.68mm
    Fleaweight: 80.01mm
    Nanoweight: 63mm

4.a: All heat matches will last 2 minutes. All other matches (except the All Robot Rumble and Side events) will last 3 minutes. The All Robot Rumble will last until one robot remains mobile. Side event runtime are determined on the day.

5.k A team is permitted to enter up to 3 robots of either a roller or walker.

Static displays
    If you are planning to bring robots for display, please ensure they are on cradles and sharp edges are covered. As always, there'll be a dedicated space for the displays.

Event format
    Given the number of potential entries, I am looking to split the robots up into 8 seperate heats rather than the usual 4 and then have everyone fight everyone in 1v1s (like Rampage @ Chatham if you were there) with the top robot of that heat going through to the quarter-finals. Point scoring will be as previous BotFest events.

We will also have seperate awards for the Most Original robot, Best Looking robot and a dual award for Most Impressive fight. These will be community awards so roboteers will be asked to put their vote in for these categories before the end of the event.

Hope to see you all there!

Would it be okay to bring along a fourth bot to act as a loaner in case something happens and there is a need to make up the numbers in a group? Said robot would have its own transmitter and spare LiPos as well as a few spare parts.
    Powerhouse Robotics

Register To Comment