Register To Comment
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BotFest 4 (25th April 2020)

Team Kaizen

So I've had a look at the church hall and the layout of the place and I think I am comfortable with adding two more spaces to the event but then that will be it. The signup form has been re-opened.

Because of the very limited plugs available, I recommend that people share extension leads where possible. It is also worth noting that since there is also little in the way of tables to begin with, we'll have to fashion some tables out of the abundance of chairs around.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 25th August 2020 at 18:39.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

The two extra slots have been filled. I'll sort out the draw later on, there will be 8 groups rather than 4 this time as there are 35 robots in this one.

Team Kaizen

That isn't a bad idea though it'd be a case of each team selecting (where they have more than one robot signed up) one of their machines to participate. If people are OK with that, I've no problem going down that route though distancing around the arena might be tricky. I'll also need to ensure each group has only one robot from each team. I'll try and figure that out.

Hi Lucy, I was wondering if you could provide any info on the tech check procedures you use? This will be my first proper event and I know that AWS ants don’t exactly have the same safety rules as other weight classes (eg no power light or cradle requirements). I just want to make sure that I don’t miss anything blindingly obvious as I’m guessing that social distancing requirements will mean that checking each robot may take longer than in previous years.
    Powerhouse Robotics

Team Kaizen

So AWs in general don't typically adhere to the FRA rules in their entirety and BotFest models its tech checking requirements off of the AWS rules as well. I've attached the form I use to do the check with (noting that the mention of Beetleweights is a potential future thing... :P) though I think I may end up changing this a touch after this event. Cradles I don't insist on for AWs.

Screenshot_2020-09-06_00-54-30.png

In my experience of running these events, I don't think the extra social distancing measures should be too much of a problem.

Just a thought, there should be a section on checking failsafe for drive also? I notice you have AW weapon failsafe test only? AWS events for ants I have been to (one) have tested failsafe on drive and I am sure future BW events you may hold it would be required?
    Last edited by Roboteernat; 7th September 2020 at 10:25.

Team Kaizen

I've only ever been to Ant Freeze events where the drive isn't checked as far as I recall but good point. Beetles definitely will need their drive checking I agree. The tech sheet was written in the mindset of having a non-spinner BW arena.

Update: The drive check has been added for both AWs and BWs.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 7th September 2020 at 13:46.

good point, maybe it was done to me as i was a new bot into my first comp?

Register To Comment