It is time for the next BotFest event!

Poulton
    Wallasey
    CH44 3BD

Date
    25th April 2020

Time
    11:00 - 17:00

This time, we are planning to split the robots off into 8 round robin heats if there is sufficient numbers with the top robot of that heat going through the quarter-finals and then a straight elimination from there. If there isn't enough robots to justify 8 heats, we'll revert back to the 4 heat system with the top two going through as normal. As always, there will be a all robot rumble as well.

This is primarily an Antweight event but if you wish to do a static display of your heavier class robots, please feel free to bring them with cradles and sharps protection where needed (there will be a dedicated space for Featherweights and heavier). We are also open to running Fleaweights and Nanoweights if anyone brings them. As before, we are running a slightly modified variant of the AWS ruleset (http://robotwars101.org/ants/rules.htm), those being:

2.a: All weight limits have a 5% variance as below. Robots that exceed the AWS weight limit but are within the BotFest limit will have a note applied to the technical check sheet but pass in this instance.
    Antweight: 157.5g (Roller) / 236.25g (Walker)
    Fleaweight: 78.75g (Roller) / 118.65g (Walker)
    Nanoweight: 26.25g (Roller) / 39.9g (Walker)

2.b: All size limits have a 5% variance, so the dimension cubed that your robot must into is below. Robots that exceed the AWS weight limit but are within the BotFest limit will have a note applied to the technical check sheet but pass in this instance.
    Antweight: 106.68mm
    Fleaweight: 80.01mm
    Nanoweight: 63mm

4.a: All heat matches will last 2 minutes. All other matches (except the All Robot Rumble and Side events) will last 3 minutes. The All Robot Rumble will last until one robot remains mobile. Side event runtime are determined on the day.

5.k A team is permitted to enter up to 3 robots of either a roller or walker.

Event signup is here: http://antlog.garya.org.uk/event/26

Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 10th February 2020 at 12:18.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Bad Wolf
    Cant wait for the event

Bad Wolf

Looking forward to taking part in my first proper Antweight event.

Team Kaizen

Excellent, glad to hear the event is being looking forwards to! With any luck, I will have the arena's floor lifted up a little over the weekend and the pit floor painted.

Mr Manuva27
    Will there be a deadline for signups? I may see if I can get an antweight together for this!

Team Kaizen

Nope, no deadline really. Signups are open up until the event starts.

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    Excellent, glad to hear the event is being looking forwards to! With any luck, I will have the arena's floor lifted up a little over the weekend and the pit floor painted.
    Yeah im excited to hopefully have some new bots sorted by then too! I have a couple of those strip LED lights if you need them, they plug into the mains they arnt battery though.

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

We'll see closer to the time. Had a bit of a setback here which means I can't work on it this weekend. It'll happen.

Team Kaizen

Hello everyone,

With the advent of Covid-19 and recent government messages, I am sorry to announce that I'll have to suspend BotFest 4 until such a time as when it is deemed safe to resume and I cannot make any accurate speculation as to when that might be. Like the Beetle Brawl, I'll be reviewing the situation at the start of April and proceeding from there but I cannot, at the moment, see a situation in which it may resume until June at the earliest (and that is assuming things change in that time, it is very likely to be longer.)

As with all events, the priority is safety for everyone involved. Once it is deemed to be safe, I'll update the thread with new information.

Bad Wolf
    Such a shame but totally understandable with the current climate we are all in. Good Call

Bad Wolf

Register To Comment