Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot's Beetleweight build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Coolspeedbot is making the jump to Beetleweights with this, CSB: Echo.

CSB: Echo is my bash at Beetleweights and as I was feeling nostalgic about building my first FW CSB 1, I thought I make my first Beetleweight a replica of CSB 1. This is the reason the Beetleweight is called CSB: Echo.

CSB: Echo is a scaled down version of CSB 1. As the design was simplistic I took a copy of CSB 1's CAD and scaled it down. CSB: Echo is 2 times smaller in all directions. Once I rescaled I changed the bulkheads to fit the 22mm motors from the Bristol Bot Builders website. Added new motor mounts to support the motors. Modelled the Bane Bot wheels and their hubs, the ESCs and the battery.

The plan is to get the robot build for the Beetle Belt taking place in Greenwich in March.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamKnightshade View Post
    This looks very cool, a very solid design.
    Thanks. Would you be going to the Beetle Belt in March?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamKnightshade View Post
    It's definitely a possibility!
    Well if you haven't signed up already, get it done soon ish so that know the number of peeps going. as at the moment it's like 20 ish signed up.

First purchase for CSB: Echo, The 22mm gear motors from Bristol Bot Builders website and the BB10A ESCs from Ranglebox. So drive will be sorted, I have loads of scrap 10mm HDPE to make the Bulkheads and some scrap 5mm HDPE to make maybe the sides or a base plate.

Update time. The build is in full gear with the first HDPE parts cut and assembled. Not the best but I've never had to cut such small parts before.

And not to long ago I did the wiring.

The BaneBots wheels finally arrived and the 5mm panels cut and attached to the frame.

All that is left is to get Ti wedges and 3D print the motor mounts that support the back of the gear boxes and the motors. And make spare panels.

Big step reached, CSB: Echo is alive and running just need the wedge and we're ready for Beetle belt later this month.

Register To Comment