Register To Comment

Thread: Arena Size Question

As for a my limited beetle knowledge goes, that seems about right, although I think plywood would be a better choice for flooring, my experience with mdf is it being rather soft and easy to damage

Team Kaizen

That sounds fine for a non spinner arena. The BW champs arena was roughly that area, about 1m high 6mm polycarb walls and roof with 4mm steel floor plates I seem to recall.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

What thickness is the Plexiglass? It wouldnt need too much to keep 200rpm bots in check bearing in mind 6mm polycarb has withstood robots of 16k rpm up. I would like to say that for full combat arenas 6mm polycarb is no longer advisable for new builds 8mm+ being prefered as beetles are getting scary powerful.

Size should be fine, but if your gonna have spinners at all it would suggest 6mm polycarb, you can get it cheap to free, talk to a bus stop Refurb company near you, they use poly and it will be worn but it will work fine. Also I would suggest a 3mm steel kick plate, even a lower power spinners can take bites out the poly and it will make it last longer

If you are making the arena from new polycarb, it is also worth putting a 1mm or 2mm inner sheet of ploycarb inside, so that when the bots do scratch up the inside, you could get away with just removing the inner sheet and replacing that, rather than replacing the thicker material sheet each time.It would save a fortune for future cost.

suggest a 3mm steel kick plate, even a lower power spinners can take bites out the poly and it will make it last longer
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly1 View Post
    for new builds 8mm+ being prefered as beetles are getting scary powerful.
    Thanks all!

Register To Comment