I was thinking of getting a Devo 7e as a backup and to allow me and the team to practice driving against each other (when we hypothetically build some antweights). However, there's a statement on the Nuts and Bots site that

"... it appears there may be an issue with newer Devo 7e’s and their firmware that are preventing them properly running with DSMX gear. Currently this can be seen in either a refusal to bind to receivers in either DSMX or DSM2 mode or a successful bind but control is not functional."

Anyone have any idea how prevalent this is, as in, does it affect every single unit, or the odd one? According to N&B there's no known fix, but I can't find any other reference to this as a general issue on the Deviation forums or indeed any other RC forums.

I don't want to buy something that's going to be a useless brick, but equally if this was a problem with all new units I'd expect there to be a bit more noise. If it only affects the odd one I'll probably just pick buy one and cross my fingers...