Register To Comment

Thread: First beetleweight robot

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello there,
    This is our first post on the site so wanted to say hello. Have been following some of the threads here with interest and have picked up lots of great information. After going to see an extreme robots show my son and I decided it would be fun to have a go at building our own robot and so have designed and built a beetleweight as a project together. We've signed up for the battle in the 'burgh event in a few weeks time and are really looking forward to trying it out! We've done our best to abide by the necessary rules including a removable link fuse and light but I thought it would be worth posting a couple of pictures here and asking some of you kind folks if you would be kind enough to have a look and see if you can spot anything obvious that we might have missed or might cause us problems passing a tech check, given that we are completely green behind the ears. It would be disappointing to make the trip only to find out we can't take part for any reason. As you can probably tell, it was a bit of a struggle to get it down to 1.5kg! We can run it with a lifting blade on a 2s lipo or with some jaws which are a bit lighter on a 3s lipo. Not expecting great things for a first time out but at least hoping to get off the starting blocks! I'm a bit concerned about the link. We went for a removable fuse to save weight and a first it was a very tight fit but is loosening with use. Would it be allowable to put a velcro strap over it, still removable by hand? Incidentally we live in the north east. My son is 10 and I wish I still was! Many thanks indeed,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment