Made major progress today. After "finalising" the main design I fired up the 3 axis and went to work cutting the main parts out of HDPE. I usually cut alloys or carbon so today was a treat, HDPE is like butter. It took a few test pieces to set up my speeds and feeds and with the correct tooling it was a breeze.

So the good news is that my calculations worked and I was within 4g of expected weights. Bonus.

I have also printed out prototypes of all the main parts so I will hopefully be able to do a mock build of the chassis tomorrow. Still waiting on the new gearboxes (I decided to go brushless), blade, belts and some minor electrics. But all in all things are going well... famous last words.

Ive also started to design an antweight and have another two sketched out on paper. I will probably start a build thread to document this.

I know I asked it before, so who would I need to speak to about using 868Mhz? It only really hit the UAV hobby market last year but they are citizen allowed frequencies so is this something that could be added to the rules? Who governs this at FRA?