Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pride Fighter / Team Hunt - Build Diaries

Quote Originally Posted by PrideFighter View Post
    Could be beefier. I might actually have a chat with my boyfriend as to whether he could 3d print me some custom hubs and I'll see about some tyres. (So if anyone has some experience in making custom tyres, please feel free to throw some ideas and tips my way haha!)
    I swear I was reading about some fairly recently, now I'm home I'll see if I can find the topic again, bear with... EDIT** All I can find is in the Team Triforce build Diary, page 3, but it's not what I've seen before.

I'm thinking, T-shaped slots cut around the outer edge of the wheel and tyres cast on in moulds, but can't remember where I saw it. Sorry.
    Last edited by Retroman; 12th September 2019 at 19:15.

Team Kaizen

How about 259-B's build diary? I know Adam was experimenting with that.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Just had a look, and it looks like the one I saw, iirc there’s been a couple of people have tried, I remember some chat about some rubber in a tube and the different shore ratings available, £15 a tube sticks in my head for some reason...

I'm using rubber from http://www.mouldcraft.co.uk and it seems to be fairly easy to mould and get them onto the hub. Trick now is of course to make a decent hub and get it onto a motor. I'm waiting on a set of brushless to arrive, then going to look at getting them mounted up and tested.

Wow, thanks for your input, all!

I brought this up with the boyf and he said it could be possible. I managed to find some rubber filament which should work with his printer - just gotta order some and have a few try outs. Otherwise, the option of printing the hubs then filling with rubber is definitely an option!

As for the servo mount, it literally just came to my mind that our workshop has a milling machine. As well as some small-ish blocks of aluminium. I might have a brief go tonight at seeing whether that would be an option!

Hi all!

So, over the weekend I went round said boyfriends, and he was nice enough to begin the printing process for the new Antweight body.

IMG_5873.jpg

At the moment I'm working on a WIP version until I'm happy with the CAD, but so far so good!

IMG_5876.jpgIMG_5875.jpg

The motors & mounts fit like a glove! I am so happy with this basic shell so far. The wheels I am not 100% happy with, and I am currently looking at trying some of the thick Solarbotics wheel on it. I'll get them ordered soon enough.

Kieran has said he will print the top lid CAD for me while I am away on holiday, and from there I will get the final bits and pieces of the CAD finalisised, then printed in Neon Green!

With how light the new 3d printed body is (and hopefully with the amount of space I'll be saving with the new smaller ESC) I am researching some parts to make a small Magnetar-style drum spinner for it. Dave Weston has sent me some great part recommendations already so things are looking good so far!

Team Kaizen

Looking very neat, how light is it at the moment?

McMullet
    Wow, loads of great stuff in this thread! The beetle looks like it's coming along really well and look forward to seeing the ant finished.

Welcome back!

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    Looking very neat, how light is it at the moment?
    I'm not actually too sure... The scales we used to use for weighing these bots broke but we only just replaced them haha!
    Hopefully I'll get a chance to go over such things this weekend. Although, we got an early Xmas present and treated ourselves to a 3D Printer, meaning the changes I wanna make will be quicker and more accessible for me to do.

Before I work too much more on AntAcid though I wanna order a mini brushless motor and an ESC to make a small drum spinner for it to give it more of a competitive edge. So stay tuned with that!

Quote Originally Posted by McMullet View Post
    Wow, loads of great stuff in this thread! The beetle looks like it's coming along really well and look forward to seeing the ant finished.

Welcome back!
    Cheers dude!

Speaking of the Beetle, not much in the way of an update but something I am still incredibly proud of:

So, I finally managed to get the weapon servo mounted after machining a mount for it out of a block of aluminium

IMG_6257.jpgIMG_E6260.jpgIMG_6258.jpg

Not bad for the kid who used to make his antweight robots out of Plasticard and Duct tape, eh?

While I am incredibly happy with how Unicorn: Alpha Fury is coming along, there's still quite a few bits I wanna change/update.

I wanna re-cut the top lid as it just doesn't quite sit right as I'd want it to. I'll also need to see how I'm doing weight wise, and if needs be change the side wheel guards from aluminium to some sort of plastic.

Now that we have the 3D Printer, I also wanna do some custom wheels for U:AF. I've already developed some nice hubs and tires fitting in with the team-robots aesthetic, now to get them printed haha!

I also need to get the front wedge welded up and attached to the bot, however the great British weather keeps me from doing this!

So that's all about I have in the way of updates for the time being...

Although, I did receive these in the post yesterday,

IMG_6382.jpgIMG_6384.jpg

Middleweight, anyone?

Team Kaizen

Oooohhh, the progress looks good. U:AF looks like it will look amazing in the arena. Just be careful of 3D printing the wheels. Lets Dance, which is a fully 3D printed robot, doesn't seem to handle hard shocks from spinners too well. If you are only having wheels, make spares I think.

Middleweight, anyone?
    Love to see it, reminds me I need to get a crack on with mine to get it ready for EXR Maidstone. Eeep.

Register To Comment