Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Build Log - Bread Dead Redemption (FW) - First Build.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Nat
    Robots
    Wanna Choppa (Axe FW) Short Circuit (HW RWs6) Locking Wheel Nuts (AW) DELLapidated bANTtery (AW) Lo
    If you need some custom motor mounts for those Aldi motors, I’m happy to assist with that. I sell the mounts for Argos and black decker motors too.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Sam
    Robots
    Ensign Wedgeley Crusher (FW)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Manuva27 View Post
    Good to know, cheers! I'll get some polycarb and aim to attach it to the base to avoid any catch points for potential spinners.

Gradually getting the hang of CAD. It doesn't look massively glamorous, but it tells me all I need to know so far.

Attachment 9139
    Attachment 9140
    Attachment 9141

I now know what size panels I need to cut from this, so that will be the next step. I've also discovered that the thickness of the base panel may not give enough ground clearance with the wheels that I have. They are quite hard plastic anyway, so attaching some bits of rubber tire could help give extra grip and ground clearance.
    Good work. Even a very basic CAD model is really useful I find, just to see how things will roughly fit together and how big various bits need to be. I don't think I could make anything other than boxes without CAD.

Starting off with hard wheels/low ground clearance is a good bet, you can always try it out and add the bike tyre afterwards!

Register To Comment