That's some cracking progress made in a few days! Looks like you'll be ready for Robodojo in December?

I think a "how to usefully dismember Argos drills" compilation thread would be a useful addition to the forum. One thing I found, if the reverse screw or chuck are really welded on, is that the you can take the gearbox to pieces from the motor side by sliding the securing pins out. At the last stage, put an 11/16 socket over the 3 shafts and it will hold it securely so you can put some proper force in at the other end. I suspect that there's a risk there of damaging something inside though.

I like the bandsaw setup. It doesn't *look* safe but I think the only thing in danger of injury is the bandsaw itself...

The machine itself is also looking very nice. I confess I was a bit dubious about how that toaster would look wedged into a block of HDPE, but it's turned out really nice. Can I suggest that you install 4 small axes as weapons, with the axe heads looking like slices of toast that pop out of the slots on top? OK maybe not immediately, but eventually.

Oh and another vote for the jacket looking sweet!

Keep up the good work