Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Pushover: Build Log

So, after almost giving up last year, here we are. I'm going to create just the one build log rather than keep cluttering up the forum.

I've just finished up a rebuild of the AW Pullover, chall9enging myself to build as neatly as possible. Now, having finished shrink wrapping all the joints, I plug the battery in, insert link/fuse, aaaand, the fuse blew.

I think I'm already way underspecced on the fuse anyway, but I obviously have a short somewhere... great...

Specs:
    NanoTwo V3
    Vex29 for grabber
    2s 20c 3500mah (I think) LiPo
    5A fuse
    2 x 1000rpm (alleged) n20's for drive
    1 x 60rpm high torque n20 for grabber
    25mm tough hub wheels
    Main body is recycled high impact plastic, grabber arm is from an offcut (polycarb version as spare) and bottom/rear panel are 1.5mm polycarbonate

I digress, first pic of the new log!
    20190405_165904.jpg

Team Kaizen

That is so neat, much better than mine at the moment, nice work!
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

If it worked I'd be happy... it's a neat paperweight right Now, I need to remove all the heat shrink and go through every connection and double check polarity etc..., probably even need to de-shrink the Vex29 and make sure I haven't moved a couple wires or something...

So as function over form, everyone's is better than mine

Well... I, erm... don't know how to say this... I appear to have got the + and - the wrong way round in my soldering frenzy...

So I'll swap them back to where they should be and cross everything that I haven't cooked the NanoTwo...

And don't worry, I've called myself enough names for everyone

Team Kaizen

Oops. I've done that before with a FeatherTwo in the past. Not fun I'll say.

Well... no magic smoke at least, so when I get chance to swap it all about it should hopefully still work.

Then all that's left is to take Wej from broken and battered to fully functional experiment... watch this space!

Bad Wolf
    Looking good mate! Fingers crossed it’s okay! I have been trying to design a new Ant on CAD to have it 3D printed but every time I say to myself “it’s finished” I think “ohh nooo I need to do this or that!” So it’s a bit of a nightmare! Haha but hopefully I’ll get something finished soon and printed out! Pull Over deserves a better Duos partner haha! So I’ll get cracking again today!

Bad Wolf

McMullet
    That is some sweeeet wiring. I can relate to you getting distracted by laying everything out to look nice, I'm pretty sure I nearly did the same because the black wire either gave a nice colour contrast or was the right size to fit in neatly. :P

Hope the fuse saved the NanoTwo and look forward to watching the rest of the build!

Ooh what's the new one Wolf? Excited to see it, and tbf, even though I couldnt grab, we did ok

Yeah I think what's happened is I've swapped the fuse/link (luse? Flink?) To the opposite side to save a few g of wire, I'm almost certain I flipped it to put the battery connector to the middle again... like a dolt...

Thanks for all the comments too guys! Keeping it small and neat has been a nightmare, HAVS stage 1 and 50%ish dexterity in 4 fingers over winter makes things 10x more fiddly.

Team Kaizen

If there isn't any smoke or any heat when the NanoTwo is on, I'd say you were OK. I've cooked my NanoTwo by having a servo plugged in the wrong way (Ikari) so bleh. With the fuse, I'd guess you'd be OK, fingers crossed.

@Bad Wolf: looking forwards to seeing your new one!

Register To Comment